IT - Windows 7

missjojo1

IT - Windows 7

Post by missjojo1 »

I'm wondering if anyone could help. I have windows 7 and am finding the IT module a little frustrating.

Although I am trying to find the equivalent with each step, the instructions all refer to old versions of Windows and it is proving more work to convert actions then do the module.

I have managed to get up to the point of clip art - where you search 'Altavista' picture from the web. The best alternative I can see is to use the clip art bit where it searches 'clip art on office online' I hope this is accepatable? Or I could just go on to Altavista website and copy it from here?

Any help with this would be appreciated. I don't want to miss the mark with this module just because I have a different version of windows.

Many thanks,
Jo.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: IT - Windows 7

Post by Karen Hayday »

The problem is that everyone uses a different operating system now so basically if you can show that you can do it then it is great by us.

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

Vickieh1981

Post by Vickieh1981 »

I know what you mean. It's ridiculous - to use Windows 98 which is 14 years old and refer to floppy disks that nobody uses anymore. I understand everyone has a different operating system but I think it's pretty fair to say that NOBODY has the one they demonstrate

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

There will be a new one going up very soon, as for clip art just use any serach engine you like such as google.

What you have do do is show the process of finding and putting in an image from the net etc. Where you get it from is up to you. it was just an example not an order.

All the best

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

Return to “IT”