Worrying

simmibob

Worrying

Post by simmibob »

Hey,

I've just sat down to do the IT assessment, to be honest I am totally confused :(

Stupid questions ( I apologise) but I was just looking at marking sheet you have to complete to say where you have completed each task. Am I correct in thinking that you have to screen shot everything?

If I was right in thinking that do I have to print and name each page with what part I'm completing?

My confidence to complete this course is on the floor right now :cry:

Thanks for anyone help.

Simone x

Dexty

Re: Worrying

Post by Dexty »

Hi Simone,

I printed off each page evrytime I did something new and wrote on the top what criteria I had fulfilled from the mark sheet.

I also screen shot everything on a seperate document and I screen shot showing what I had pressed to get the new change (e.g hover my mouse arrow over b for bold and then screen print so it showed I had pressed it).

My total IT assessment ended up being huge - I think it was about 50 pages in total but I got a pass. You also have to send all your work on a disc too.

Hope that helps,

Emma

simmibob

Post by simmibob »

Thanks Emma,

Thats really helped me.

Do you know where is tells us to use one of our own essays from a different unit. I haven't done another assessment yet this is my first one. So do i use my induction?

Sorry for all the questions

Simone

Dexty

Post by Dexty »

Yes, just use your induction. Your tutor won't be looking at the content that you've used, they are just looking for you to use some material that can demonstrate your IT skills and knowledge so I wouldn't worry too much. I think I used my induction material even though I had completed other modules so it will be fine.

Don't worry about asking too many questions, I know what its like when you just need to check things over to make sure your doing them right as its hard to do on your own without someone to bounce off.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Emma

simmibob

Post by simmibob »

You are a star thank you so much :))

I do need one more piece of advice..

TAQ2 qu 1. Insert delete cut copy and paste..do i just need to right click and highlight which one I am doing?

I have no confidence in doing this course if I can't even do IT :(

Thanks

Simone

Dexty

Post by Dexty »

Hi Simone,

Yes, just right click or hover over the icon (copy/paste) on your toolbar. I did a screen print of each one to demonstrate that I know how to delete/insert/copy and paste.

As far as printouts, I copied my induction essay and pasted that into a new document then printed and wrote on the top that this was copy and paste criteria number xx (whatever it is on the mark sheet). I then cut the title and printed again writing on the top 'cut' and criteria number. I inserted some clip art and printed again and then deleted it and printed again all the time writing on the top what I was trying to demonstrate and what criteria from the mark sheet it covers.

It may seem really messy when your doing it but it will all come together when you have printed out.

Emma :D

Return to “IT”