Excemptions

LovelyDay

Excemptions

Post by LovelyDay »

Hi

Can I use my HNC in Computing and Internet Technology for my IT exception? I got it in 2004 and was told when I started my Access course last year it was okay for the exception but I am wondering if that advice was right.
Carol G :thumbup:

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Re: Excemptions

Post by PPoskitt »

If you've been advised previously that this would be ok as an exemption, I'm sure it will be.

I was issued a certificate in IT when I went to school, called the BCS Level 2 ECDL for IT users - I was allowed to use this for mine! :thumbup:

I'm sure someone will be able to answer you for sure though - either that or; give student services a message. I'm sure they'll be able to confirm :thumbup:
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Post by Rhia Hayday »

Morning - as long as you're on Open Awards, and not Ascentis (the new Diploma from Sept 2014), then you can use this for an exemption. It should be down on your GPS as an E, so do double check this and let your tutor know if this is missing. Also, if you've gone over 60 credits using your exemption (eg perhaps you wanted more than 45 level 3 credits), then we wouldn't put the IT exemption on, as you are charged for extra credits over a 60 credit Diploma, and we wouldn't want this to happen for an exemption. Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions about your credits etc.
Curriculum Manager

LovelyDay

Post by LovelyDay »

Hi,

Is it okay if if I PM you?
Carol G :thumbup:

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Post by Rhia Hayday »

of course!