TAQ 1 - Implicit personality theory.

tiggee2001

TAQ 1 - Implicit personality theory.

Post by tiggee2001 »

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to share with the forum this link to a study I was given and a link to a site which HELPED me no end and hopefully will help you no end with this TAQ to.
I didn't want 2nd hand info and found a lot of the study's can not be found and you end up referencing work of others which might not be 100% reliable. Well my tutor gave me this link
http://www.simplypsychology.org/katz-braly.html - Which is amazing and the guy who runs this site gave me this link - http://scholar.googleusercontent.com/scholar?q=ca... which is the Katz and Braly (1933) – Racial Stereotyping study.

hope this helps everyone who's a little stuck :D :D
LOVING PSYCHOLOGY - :D, please get in touch if you're also studying Psychology xx

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: TAQ 1 - Implicit personality theory.

Post by Karen Hayday »

Can you look at the second link again as I can not find it

Thanks a lot

Karen :D
DLC Executive Director

tiggee2001

Post by tiggee2001 »

Sorry Karen
I hope this one works better, I copied and pasted it in to the tool bar seemed to work. :D

http://scholar.googleusercontent.com/sc ... as_sdt=0,5
LOVING PSYCHOLOGY - :D, please get in touch if you're also studying Psychology xx

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

That works for me!

Karen :D
DLC Executive Director

tiggee2001

Post by tiggee2001 »

Brilliant :) I hope it helps others :)

Debswwk

Post by Debswwk »

Hi,

I can't seem to access this link (or the alternative listed above) - do you mind sending it again please

Thanks
Debs :-)

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Yes it now seems not to be working and I cant find the original any more but there is this

http://www.psych.rochester.edu/research ... fading.pdf

Which goes back to the orginial study

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

Debswwk

Post by Debswwk »

Thanks Karen

twood123

Post by twood123 »

:| :| :| im so confused.
how implicit personality thoery relates to a persons social perception?
how many theorists should we speak about. do we compare theorists?
dont even know how to start!
ARGH!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Sorry, but you need to read around the subject and yes you look at theories rather than one theory and yes you do look at the pros and cons of each one.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

twinkle

Post by twinkle »

Can anyone give me some advice please?

I have drafted my essay, and mentioned Asch's theory with pros and cons and Bruner & Taguiris IPT (no pros and cons). I have then gone onto stereotyping, and mentioned Katz & Braly with pros and cons.

Is this enough. I know it's only 800 - 1000 words, but I'm not sure if I have enough theories. Have found this hard getting any accurate info, without going off on another tangent or having to read huge documents to find one useful paragraph.

Please help!!!

Thanks.
:pray:

Jan Conway

Post by Jan Conway »

Hello, this is an essay on implicit personality theory and social stereotyping. The book that is normally used for the psychology modules is
Cardwell. M , Clark .L & Meldrum. C. Psychology AS Level (3rd ed.), (20/04/2003), HarperCollins Publishers
And you will find some relevant information in the chapter that starts on page 270. The problem with psychology is that you do have to read so much information and make the links with the theories and explanations to establish a good debate. It’s certainly not easy and not black and white.
Remember this is a short essay so the evidence you put in your essay needs an explanation. I.e. this is what was discovered and this is what the discovery means. Consider 2 ideas about any evaluative debate.
You really need to look on the DLC website in the Library and also use your tutor for advice. Your marks will not be affected by asking your personal tutor questions.
Jan

twinkle

Post by twinkle »

Thanks Jan for your reply. I think it's just hard not knowing how much to read - you could read everything and it take weeks, but not be reading the right stuff, if you know what I mean.

Really appreciate you replying, as your answers are always very full and informative.

Many thanks.

Return to “Self and Social Skills”