TAQ 1 PART 2: PSYCHOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES

abbeyleighb

TAQ 1 PART 2: PSYCHOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES

Post by abbeyleighb »

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me. just started part 2 and I'm struggling. I'm using Rachman (2004) case study to support the cognitive perspective. however I cannot for the life of me right any information of how it was conducted in order for me to evaluated the methods of data gathering.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks,

Abbey

Karen

Re: TAQ 1 PART 2: PSYCHOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES

Post by Karen »

Hi Abbey

So what you are doing here is showing that you understand the perspective and how it explains OCD. So as you say you are using Rachman, as you know it is Cognitive and this perspective is concerning thoughts... So you need to discuss the pattern of thoughts within this study/theory that are uniquely linked to OCD...And then look at the strengths and weaknesses and evaluate the techniques in the second column.

I hope this has helped you to understand :thumbup:

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

abbeyleighb

Post by abbeyleighb »

Thanks Karen, that does help. so to confirm what I have done its evaluated the strength and limitations of case studies.

for the biological explanation I am using twin studies.... however struggling to find anything that tells me exactly how they are conducted.
Is it statistical analysis methods?

many thanks

Abbey

abbeyleighb

Post by abbeyleighb »

if using Nestaet al (2010) would it be an evaluation of genome wide association studies? sorry beyond confused on this one.

thanks,

abbey

Karen

Post by Karen »

Basically what you are doing here is stating how the data was gathered (case study etc.) Now you have to evaluate these techniques.

Make sure you read your research (the studies you chose) so you gather and understand :thumbup:

Karen

cjeannew100

Post by cjeannew100 »

Hello,

I'm struggling with the same concept. In the second column of the table do I need to evaluate how effective studies were in explaining OCD or evaluate the actual method the researcher used to gather the results?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Clancey

Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi

Evaluate the methods of data gathering. Example; if you used a case study, look for information which relates to this technique and say how data is gathered within a case study and what are the advantages and disadvantages.

Karen

Return to “Perspectives in Psychology”