Theories of aggression

raheem123

Theories of aggression

Post by raheem123 »

Hello everyone. Can someone please help me in TAQ 2 part b of this unit. It asks me to provide a strategy, and I'm confused as to what this means. Many thanks.

Rebecca Smith

Re: Theories of aggression

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
A strategy is a plan -for instance if I wanted to loose weight the strategy may be to eat more healthily and exercise more - the plan (or strategy) for this TAQ will relate to reducing a persons level of aggression
Hope this helps

raheem123

Post by raheem123 »

Thank you for your reply. I believe I have to do this in TAQ 2 part b, but the assessment criteria for developing strategies is also in TAQ 2 part a. Do I also have to do this in the essay which relates to David's case?

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
There is no need to mention the strategies in your essay - I can see how the assessment criteria listed could have led you to think this - thanks for this useful feedback I will edit them so that it is more explicit which of the AC relate to each part of the TAQ :thumbup:

raheem123

Post by raheem123 »

Hi, thank you for letting me know because if you did not tell me I would have included them

Blessing osaah

Post by Blessing osaah »

Hi,

Can anyone also help me with the topic on theories of aggression taq1 part2 and taq2. For sometime now I am really stuck. With the taq1 part2, I have read about it but my problem is how to put it in a flow chart form. As for taq2, I look so lost. I know of the bobo doll study but how to apply to the scenario is really getting me more confused.

I have got conditional offers from three schools so I don’t want to have a pass in the remaining subjects I’ve got left. If it happens then i am not going to get a school.

Kindly help me,
Thanks

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
I can see you have posted in a couple of places - as the question is essentially the same will address it here.

You don't have to do a flow chart if you are finding this difficult - your tutor will accept a paragraph instead - just make sure that in this you are addressing the neural mechanisms controlling aggression.

It sounds like the application to the case study is causing difficulty in the next TAQ. You have mentioned the Bobo doll study - this essentially looks at the social learning theory. How does this theory explain aggression? Could the ideas then be used to explain David's behaviour. A key concept here is the role models - think about the role model David has had.
Hope this helps and don't forget that your tutor is available for tutorials - you mention that you have been stuck with this for sometime - talking this through with your tutor may be really helpful

Blessing osaah

Post by Blessing osaah »

Thanks so much Rebecca

Return to “Perspectives in Psychology”