Discussing the origins and early influences of psychology...

jamiesmummy19

Discussing the origins and early influences of psychology...

Post by jamiesmummy19 »

Hello

I am a bit stuck with the first essay of this unit. Where you have to discuss the early influences of psychology and its origins in philosophy. It states that it needs to be approx 1500 words. Now all I can find is very brief information that the greeks saw psychology as a aspect of philosophy and Wundt later birthed experimental psychology by opening a centre and using introspection. I just don't know how I am meant to write an essay on such a small amount of information. Of course I can go on about Wundt and his influence and how he changed psychology, but I cannot really find anything about psychology before him or in terms of philosophy, which is what the essay is meant to be about.

Also for the merit part it says explanation of two studies that demonstrate philosophical origins - where do I find these as I cannot find barely anything with regards to this subject :(

Can anyone help me, feel like giving up to be honest.

Thanks

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Re: Discussing the origins and early influences of psycholog

Post by Jason O' Mahoney »

Hi,

I suggest you speak to your tutor who will be able to offer guidance on this assessment task.

jamiesmummy19

Re: Discussing the origins and early influences of psycholog

Post by jamiesmummy19 »

Hello

I have spoken to my tutor and whilst I now understand that I need to discuss the ideas of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle for the pass criteria, I am still at a miss as to what it means to 'explain studies that demonstrate philosophical origins'.

Return to “Perspectives in Psychology”