TAQ 2 Essay Perspectives & Behaviour OCD

stephsmith

TAQ 2 Essay Perspectives & Behaviour OCD

Post by stephsmith »

Hi, Can anyone help please? I am not entirely clear on the essay requirements for TAQ 2, psychology perspectives and behaviour. It is obvious that it is to based on the case study provided, but to clarify are we to offer treatments for the patients OCD from 1 or more different perspectives?? Sorry if I'm being daft!!!

Thanks in advance.

Steph

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Re: TAQ 2 Essay Perspectives & Behaviour OCD

Post by Jason O' Mahoney »

Hi,

I would recommend having a tutorial with your tutor to alleviate any issues with how to complete the assessment. :thumbup:

sallysmith9

Post by sallysmith9 »

I am so confused with the requirements for this essay aswell, I keep going round in circles with my thoughts of how to do it and as it is the Christmas holidays I can't ask my tutor and I have tight deadlines to meet. Can anyone please help me?

stephsmith

Post by stephsmith »

Sally, im happy to help if I can. Private message me if easier??

Hannah.

Post by Hannah. »

sallysmith9 wrote:I am so confused with the requirements for this essay aswell, I keep going round in circles with my thoughts of how to do it and as it is the Christmas holidays I can't ask my tutor and I have tight deadlines to meet. Can anyone please help me?
Hi my tutor said to use the treatments too, but it is a bit confusing! Have you managed it?

sallysmith9

Post by sallysmith9 »

Hi Steph,
I would really appreciate some help please, but as I am a new member I am not authorised to private message yet.
Diane was treated with CBT and antidepressants which proved successful for her, do I look at other treatments that could also have been useful specifically for Diane? Or is the question asking you to keep in mind how she was treated but evaluate generally how types of OCD symptoms are treated from different psychological perspectives for other sufferers... OMG, see what I mean, the more I read the question the more in a pickle I get! Lol!

sallysmith9

Post by sallysmith9 »

Hannah. wrote:
sallysmith9 wrote:I am so confused with the requirements for this essay aswell, I keep going round in circles with my thoughts of how to do it and as it is the Christmas holidays I can't ask my tutor and I have tight deadlines to meet. Can anyone please help me?
Hi my tutor said to use the treatments too, but it is a bit confusing! Have you managed it?

Hi, Hannah, no I haven't, the question is not very clear as to what they specifically want :cry:

stephsmith

Post by stephsmith »

Sally - I went with the keep in mind theory!! I got a distinction and didn't specifically refer to the case study. I believe it is supplied to aid our understanding of OCD. I hope this helps.

ZoeLeanneWard

Post by ZoeLeanneWard »

Im doing this essay at the moment and I am just analysing the cognitive approach to OCD and linking it with CBT treatment and the biological perspective and linking it with medication. Including how effective it is/ negative points. Then trying to suggest how the perspective has influenced this treatment. BUT I cant really find any studies that support CBT. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

charburgess03

Post by charburgess03 »

Really struggling with this!
Does anyone know if we have to include all 4 perspectives?

Thanks!

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Post by Jason O' Mahoney »

Hi,

Have a tutorial with your tutor who will go through the assessment with you. :thumbup:

uzkhalid2012

Post by uzkhalid2012 »

Hi all, reading your messages I've gathered and focused my answer on the cognitive and biological perspectives only, as it is these that are mentioned in the case study re treatments and its these that are more effective/have a lot that can be written about. Its a bank holiday today so been waiting all weekend and today for a reply but I'm still stuck and unsure if I'm going the right way about it. :sick: :pray: I cant private message either as I've only just joined :doh: . Any help would be great thanks :D

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
It sounds like you are going about this the right way, remember that the essay focuses on evaluting the treatments - not describing them so make sure you give plenty of strengths and weaknesses of the treatments

sarah84cheese

Post by sarah84cheese »

really finding this hard, Just cant get my head around it. Advice would be great.

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

The best thing to do would be to ask you tutor for a tutorial on this where they can explain in more detail and you can ask questions :thumbup:

Return to “Perspectives in Psychology”