TAQ 2 Essay Perspectives & Behaviour OCD

mariekn0x

Re: TAQ 2 Essay Perspectives & Behaviour OCD

Post by mariekn0x »

I know this topic is a year old, but I'm doing this assessment at the moment. I was wondering if anyone who has done it could let me know whether they used all four perspectives, and if they used different treatment methods than the ones mentioned in the case study?

Thank you xx

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
I would recommend three, if you do four you may not cover them in detail. Make sure you are evaluating the treatment and not describing :thumbup:

JRobbo

Post by JRobbo »

Hi all,

Just found this post so wondered if anyone could help!

I'm working on this at the moment and going way over the word count already as I'm focusing on all 4 perspectives and struggling to fit everything in, especially because of the behavioural perspective as there are so many treatments available. Should I be writing about just the cognitive and biological perspectives given that they were the ones she was treated with?

Also, the introduction is the hardest paragraph I've done so far how did everyone phrase it?!

Thanks!

Jx

JRobbo

Post by JRobbo »

Oh and the referencing as well - I'm including it within my work ..... (Salkovskis, 1998) ..... etc but otherwise I'm just going off my work materials and my AS Psychcology book which I've referenced the chapter for thats it!

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Post by PPoskitt »

Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

lisarogo

Post by lisarogo »

Hi

I know this is quite an old post but im currently on this TAQ and completely struggling.... An advice would be great. The question is hard to understand
x

jessicafayexxx

Post by jessicafayexxx »

stephsmith wrote:Sally - I went with the keep in mind theory!! I got a distinction and didn't specifically refer to the case study. I believe it is supplied to aid our understanding of OCD. I hope this helps.

Hi, I am doing this TAQ now - what is the 'keep in mind' theory ?! any help would be much appreciated! x
Jessica

Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi

I think you might be meaning PEE

Keep in mind - Point, Explain and Elaborate

I might be wrong though! :roll:

Karen
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

petlamb83

Post by petlamb83 »

Hi
I would really appreciate some advice as I'm also struggling with this essay. I think I might have misinterpreted the question. I came to this conclusion through reading some of the other forum posts. I have started my essay with briefly describing cognitive perspective and then linking it with CBT and then I went onto giving pros and cons of CBT treatment then I was going to carry on with biological approach, briefly describe it and then link it with drug treatment etc and then give pros and cons of drug treatment. Could you please tell me how I should have interpreted it? I would be grateful,
thanks

K

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
What you are doing sounds fine, I would include psychodynamic as a third perspective too (to address states of consciousness in the assessment crtieria)
Also at the end of each paragraph make a reference to Diane from the case study
Good luck :thumbup:

Stevens1103

Post by Stevens1103 »

Hey,
I am just staring this essay aswell. So from reading everything that has been written above I have come to the conclusion that we need to explore each perspective/most suitable (cognitive,psychodynamic and biological) and gives strengths and weaknesses of these perspectives in relation to the treatment that Diane has received? Am I right. I have been putting off this assessment for weeks and It's got to the point where I just have to do it because I feel I have the weight of the world on my shoulders :lol:

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
You are on the right lines but you don't have to relate it to Diane having receivied the therapy - she hasn't had all of them!
You can give general strengths and weaknesses and relate some things to Diane - considering whether the treatment may be (or has been) effective for her
Good luck :thumbup:

laurenaimee94

Post by laurenaimee94 »

Hiya

I feel so much better seeing so many other people have struggled with this essay! have been putting it off for nearly 3 weeks now :wtf: but after reading all these posts and replies feel like i know where to at least start with it!

Thanks everyone who posted on this :lol:

lauren x

Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi Lauren

There is always someone here to give you help and advice! :) I'm glad you found some help from the posts! :thumbup:
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

laurenaimee94

Post by laurenaimee94 »

Hi karen,

Thanks for the reply! the only thing i am stuck on now is where to find criticisms from so that i can use in text reference? I can find lots of pros and cons for each type of treatment but cannot seem to find a specific quote that i can reference

any ideas?

Thanks again

Lauren x

Return to “Perspectives in Psychology”