TAQ 1 perspectives and behaviour

lisarogo

TAQ 1 perspectives and behaviour

Post by lisarogo »

Hi please heeeeeeeelp....

Im currently working through TAQ 1, I have managed to do the Analysis for this table but m really struggling wit 'Key characteristics of the perspective used to explain the cause of OCD'

I cant figure out how to do this. Is it just a list? and what exactly do I write about as I seem to have written most in the analysis section. Is it basically things like eg, characteristics of behavioural perspective are washing, checking doors blah blah blah??

x

Rebecca Smith

Re: TAQ 1 perspectives and behaviour

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
In this assessment you are showing that you understand the perspectives AND that you can say how each perspective would explain OCD. So you know that the cognitive perspective concerns thoughts - develop this to talk about the thought patterns that are unique to those with OCD.
For the analysis part extend this to look at the strengths and weaknesses of the explaination from this perspective or the degree of support that it gets from research.
Hope this helps, don't forget having a tutorial with your tutor is always a good place to discuss ideas too :thumbup:

lisarogo

Re: TAQ 1 perspectives and behaviour

Post by lisarogo »

That's great thank you. Not sure if its just me but I was getting confused with analysis and characteristics. I seen to have similar points for both but more elaborated on the analysis x

Return to “Perspectives in Psychology”