Study Skills Applying to university

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
abowman03

Study Skills Applying to university

Post by abowman03 »

Hi

Am currently working on study skills applying to university and struggling a little, I am due to speak to the tutor next week however I would like to try and conquer this before then. I'm no good writing about myself anyway I am now on to TAQ 3: Evaluate your personal qualities, experience and skills in relation to your university application and new career???

Identify your transferable skills by explaining how they will benefit your university application and new career. Can I mention things like current skills learnt as a health care assistant both in residential homes and within the hospital environment, being a single mum, studying and working so good communication, time management etc.

Reflect on and summarise potential areas for development???

What lay out is required here?

carrotcruncher

Re: Study Skills Applying to university

Post by carrotcruncher »

Hi - firstly please refrain from typing the actual question as it isn't allowed.

It's an essay question, and all of the points you make regarding your skills are all valid.

Development part is about evaluating your weaknesses or areas where you can improve yourself in relation to your application.

Karen

Post by Karen »

Please don't put the actual question on here.... Just inform us which assessment and TAQ it is that you need assistance with in future!
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

lyndsmac84

Post by lyndsmac84 »

I am on this topic and really finding the personal statement hard, i was hoping i would have time to work on this before next year, so asking to write one now has put a spanner in the works.... I am rubbish at this sort of thing! starting to panic as target date is the 7th!! anyone else finding the personal statement hard?

carrotcruncher

Post by carrotcruncher »

Everyone finds the personal statement hard, as writing about yourself is something that most people don't generally do.
The one you submit for this assessment doesn't have to be the one that's on your UCAS application, though it's a good practice attempt if nothing else.
Don't use the word passionate, don't use loads of quotes. Explain why you're interested in the subject, demonstrate transferable skills etc - kind of view it as a job application and you'll be on the right track.

Matty012017

Post by Matty012017 »

hey all I'm just looking to know I'm new to this and my course I've to start my study skills Apply to university I have read the information but where are the questions for this topic and also where do I answer them i.e microsoft ? I think I'm over looking this and overthinking this thanks.

Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi Matty

Replied to your other post. :thumbup:
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

lsbsly

Post by lsbsly »

hi
I am studying paramedicine
any help would be greatly apreciated on my study skills applying to university TAQ4
complete a successful university application
objective =
focus on this because =
I will achieve this through these actions =
target completion date =
further action I need to take =
I just cant think or even get started =

Return to “Study Skills (English and Maths Level 2 and Study Skills level 3)”