My CV

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
napstar245

My CV

Post by napstar245 »

Finding only one section about this TAQ difficult. I already have a pretty good CV 2 pages long and with all the essential criteria that the TAQ is asking for other than one.

"Why you want to become"

Personally to me a CV is about everything you've done and the skills you have, not telling your new manager what you want to do. To me that might be in a covering letter accompanied with the CV.

I may just be thinking too much into this but would having a heading of "Future Aspirations" with one or two sentences suffice? or are they actually looking for a paragraph?

I think with my CV at the moment and with the added future aspirations it covers all the criteria, but I'm doubting whether I've written enough.

nicky leeth

Re: My CV

Post by nicky leeth »

Hi Napstar
A really good point to make , there are students like yourself who have strong CVs out there . You recall that when you apply for a new role the advice always is apply for the job. So we would like learners to consider the role and the degree course that they aim to study for: then identify any transferable skills that they could use from any of their jobs , volunteer work , hobbies and previous study .
So for example if someone has worked in hospitality but wants to be a MH nurse :
they may have colleagues who have mental health issues or learning difficulties that they have worked with so they would flag up experiences here , they may have undertaken some health and safety training hygiene quals etc , they may have experience of customer interface and some very demanding people
Basically we want our returning leaners to think about any part of their life that may have some useful transferable skills including hobbies.
Future aspirations can be a couple of sentences , as we grab that in TAQ3 and TAQ5 and possibly TAQ6
It sounds to me like you have a thorough CV and have a strong understanding of the task
Hope this helps Nicky from the study skills team

napstar245

Re: My CV

Post by napstar245 »

Thanks Nicky
I was hoping that because I had answered it in the other TAQ's that I wouldn't have to do too much in my CV.

Thanks for clarifying!

Return to “Study Skills (English and Maths Level 2 and Study Skills level 3)”