Functional skills query

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
peppercorn

Functional skills query

Post by peppercorn »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply to the Midwifery degree at UCLAN in Sept 2015. These are the entry requirements.

The Access to HE Diploma in health or science related courses will meet our entry requirements if passed with 30 Level 3 Credits at Distinction. We will be looking for a science component within the Access course and this will have to be passed at Distinction. English and Maths GCSE at grade C are also part of our entry requirements – if you do not have these then you will need to study these alongside your Access Course, alternatively we would accept Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English. Please note we do not accept Adult Numeracy Level 2 or Key Skills Level 2 in Application of Number. (**If you don’t have the GCSE Science, the Access to HE course contains a module Human Physiology which we will accept in lieu of the GCSE)

I have GCSE in English at C grade (for both language and literature) but do not have my Maths GCSE. UCLAN say that that will accept Functional Skills Level 2 and my query is...Is the Maths Level 2 that is incorporated in the Access Diploma in Midwifery the same as Functional Skills Level 2?

If anyone can clear this up I'd appreciate it :)

P

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Functional skills query

Post by Karen Hayday »

No I am afraid functional skills are different and we do not do functional skills. However, you should be able to complete then for free at your local college, or maybe through learn direct

Karen
DLC Executive Director

peppercorn

Re: Functional skills query

Post by peppercorn »

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I know, I'm going to enrol at my local college to complete a functional skills course. Thanks again for helping with my query :)

P

Return to “Study Skills (English and Maths Level 2 and Study Skills level 3)”