TAQ2 Preparing a presentation

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
Emmycooper

TAQ2 Preparing a presentation

Post by Emmycooper »

Ok, so this 900 word count for the presentation... if i were to do flash cards i would be bullet pointing info as prompts for what i was talking about and so wouldn't do 900 words. Does this mean i effectively have to write up my presentation as an essay to submit it?

TIA

Emma

Karen

Re: TAQ2 Preparing a presentation

Post by Karen »

Hi

If the TAQ is asking for 900 word count, then yes, you have to keep to it, as far as I know :thumbup:
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

Hi

I'm currently doing this assessment. As I understand it yes you will have to write up the presentation if you are only planning on putting headers or prompts on flash cards.

If you submitted it as a PowerPoint, you could use this to present it to your tutor or family (whoever you have chosen) and have all the information in it too, then you could make flash cards with the headings on to prompt yourself.. Don't forget it says use appropriate presentation skills. I took this to mean they want something more than everything written as an essay.. But I might be overthinking it.

Let me know how you get on? What course are you studying?

Forgetmenot

Post by Forgetmenot »

Or, I guess you could write it all up, say you are giving copies to the audience as a handout and produce flash cards for yourself.

Email your tutor though because as I said, I've not submitted mine yet so I may be talking bubbles

nicky leeth

Post by nicky leeth »

I hope this information helps , we have agonised about where the word count should be directed and have decided that you can have 900 words for the "presentation" If you decide to complete a handout for your listeners then that will eat into your word count , if you use flash cards there may be only a few words on them as prompts so you have lots of spare words to use up so a handout would be great .
Basically if you have a power point that can be 900 words in total or you could use some for a mini handout or a quiz for your listeners . We need 900 words in whatever form you want to use them which gives you a bit of flexibility for the presentation section

Return to “Study Skills (English and Maths Level 2 and Study Skills level 3)”