Feel like quiting

Chelsea123

Feel like quiting

Post by Chelsea123 »

:( I really dont know what to do! I got merit and distinction for my Comms work and was on a proper high and feeling positive about this course, then started Bio, Organisation of the body.... :shock: I have nooo idea what the hell im doing and am starting to think i have bitten off more then i can chew..
I dont understand anything, i have read, watched vids, did research and nothing is sinking in :( The TAQs i dont understand how i am meant to explain how the structure relates to the function when i cant even get my head around it in the first place, i start writing but the word counts are so small i just feel like what the F*** am i doing?!?!!
If i feel like this now, and this is only the 1st bit of science related stuff, how the hell am i gonna do uni??
Anyone else feel like this?? I just dont know what to do...I keep getting teary where its so frustrating and i want it so bad !

schmushe

Re: Feel like quiting

Post by schmushe »

Chelsea

Well done on your comma grades. I am doing bio now after doing all my psych modules and yes it is a culture shock especially with such small word counts.
Firstly I would recommend getting yourself a good anatomy and physiology book. Totora is a good one to go with. You can borrow them from the library so don't spend £50 buying one.
Look at the criteria and follow it for each TAQ. Look at what is needed for the answer and ensure it is in what you write.
I had huge word counts for psych and now have gone down to hundreds and it is a difficult thing to get your head round but you will do it.
Persevere xxx

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

I'd say take it step by step since really the questions are focused on the criteria and they seem tough at first but they get easier and easier as you get through them and there's alway help on this forum. A good text book is definitely something that'd help

most people get stronger as they work through the units, often starting weakly and building the skill as you go on. If there's something you dont understand about the subject definitely check with your tutor or give the forums a look over

trust me, it gets easier

I hope this helps,

Robin

alice.yorke

Post by alice.yorke »

I am feeling exactly the same - I was so proud of myself for my Comms marks and now I just feel so stupid and thick, I have been working on this for almost a month due to mix up with passwords and work commitments and I just want it done now. I hate this subject and really don't nderstand it at all....

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

I'd say the trick with biology is pretty much reading around the subject and learning where you can about the subject matter, as with all level 3 this is part of the recommended approach for this study

Writing biology, as with any science is about detail and precision and keeping a sharp eye on the criteria, most people don't start off with distinctions in biology, as with psychology it's a learning experience in many ways with one of the primary ones being learning how to write academically and though this starts off being difficult it becomes more and more like second nature. So dont be dispirited if a poor mark is gained from organisation of the body, the feedback tutors give is designed to help you improve step by step and most people see a marked improvement as they get the knack of scientific and academic writing and dont forget your tutor is always happy to advise you

I hope this helps

Robin

alice.yorke

Post by alice.yorke »

Thanks Robin - I hope I have done enough for a pass!

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Post by PPoskitt »

Hope you guys have managed ok with this module, have just started it myself. Luckily for me I always enjoyed Biology in school and found it to be one of my stronger points - fingers crossed I can remember the material and build on it again, well!

Never give up :) It's just another obstacle that is tough to cross, but you'll be stronger because of it (and closer to your goals!!)
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

sarahbuts03

Post by sarahbuts03 »

Hey Phil,
I've been having a wander around the forum and have noticed how kind and positive you always are, its lovely to see!

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Post by PPoskitt »

Hi Sarah!

Thank you so much. Comments like that really do mean the world! :)

How are you getting on with your course so far?
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

Return to “Organisation of the body”