TAQ 5 word count

JenniC

TAQ 5 word count

Post by JenniC »

The word count for TAQ 5 is ridiculously small, in my opinion, especially when you take into account the fact that there are three types of muscle tissue and several types of connective tissue... how are we supposed to mention them all and keep within 400 words?!
Personally I've stuck to skeletal muscle for the muscle section, but I have no idea if this will be enough to get me a distinction. Seems impossible, even if you're concise.

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 5 word count

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

you're not meant to cover them all, but I would discuss one or two categories in some detail and then cover the others less so and the word counts are designed and outlined to make distinctions possible

I hope this helps

Robin

jean9

Post by jean9 »

I really struggled with this one, I went way over the word count and tried to cut it down but still slightly over. I didn't feel I could do it justice within the word count!

Robin Greenwood

Hiya

the word coutns are definitely designed to allow a person to get a distinction level so my advice is be as specific as possible, never just use blanket terms like 'hormones' but give the specific detail for each and use the language of the subject matter whenever possible. That's the core generally of getting the best marks

I hope this helps

Robin

natalie5646

Post by natalie5646 »

I'm really stuck on this one too! I think i write what is needed then cross reference it against the guidence notes and it doesn't fit! i have been up since 4am being my sisters birth partner, missed a day study yesterday because of work and my deadline is Tuesday! I don't think I'm going to be able to do it..... not confident on my previous answers to this units TAQ's either!

Im back in work tomorrow then its only the weekend I have to perfect it.... 100 words (roughly) per tissue is really hard to do! do I just give an overall definition for each such as "The structure and function of muscle tissue depends on the type of muscle fibres and the muscle cells it contains." then describe 1 type muscle tissue in more detail????

Flummoxed

Natalie
Natalie
32yr old mum of 2 studying Access to Midwifery.

Robin Greenwood

Hiya

well, I'd avoid repitition and then definitely discuss the tissue such as the muscle fibres and the cells but I'd not talk about type 1's I'd stick at the level of smooth, cardiac and skeletal.

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Organisation of the body”