Organelle and functions

sindall007

Organelle and functions

Post by sindall007 »

Hi

Can anyone help I am really struggling with TAQ 1 B) Organelles, their structures and how their structure helps with their functions!

In particular I cannot find any information on Chromatin :(

This unit is really difficult :( any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Robin Greenwood

Re: Organelle and functions

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

well the main ones I'd look at for this is the double membraned structure of mitochondria, which is a good start, then there's the difference between smooth endoplasmic reticulum and the rough version of course (not rough as in sporting a 5 o clock shadow and hanging around in pubs though) also chromatin's structure is good for this particularly given its 'scaffolding' like structure even the pores of the nucleolus, these are all good features which can be linked with the function of the organelle

I hope this helps

Robin

sindall007

Post by sindall007 »

Hi Robin

Thank you, this has definitely helped, although I am still struggling to find a website with any information on Chromatin's structure and function and I am yet to purchase a textbook (I will be but I don't think I will be able to get it in time before my deadline). Do you know of any websites that may help? I have spent the last hour trying to find anything about it but don't seem to have brought up anything relevant

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Well, I'd start with wikipedia, never cite it of course but going from the links on the pages of the wikipedia pages should help then lead to more reputable sites. That should help fill in the gap and using wiki as a starting point is fine, just never as a complete source

hopefully that'll help until you get the textbooks you need, any a2 level textbook should help or the tortoras and grabowski that we recommend on our page

I hope this helps

Robin

sindall007

Post by sindall007 »

That's brilliant, I had been avoiding Wikipedia and that was all that kept appearing, I have ordered the tortoras one so just waiting for that to arrive

Thanks

Return to “Organisation of the body”