so frustrated...TAQ 1 advice/polishing, pdf/word...

alice.yorke

so frustrated...TAQ 1 advice/polishing, pdf/word...

Post by alice.yorke »

I had been having trouble with this and told my tutor, she told me to get a definition, which I did, I sent in my work for marking saying that i still wasn't happy with TAQ 1, it was referred for further work, I was told in her email that she couldn't give me further advice as this would be seen as polishing the answering, I was given advice on the mark form to refer to magnification, clarity and resolution on the correct frame of reference, well obviously I thought i had, or I wouldn't have handed it in. In the email she sent she said I may want to look at other TAQs but they had not been referred for further work, so without a hint of which or what to look at, I don't feel I can affford to spend days poring over these... I am starting to wish I 'd done this in college as I am sure I'd get better help from the tutors.

Also had an email saying i should only send work in in one doc, but I am paying to print out cover sheets and image sheets as I don't have a printer at home, then I have to scan them in, which makes them a pdf, to make everything a pdf I'd have to print off all my work (at 20p per sheet in my library), all my bibliogs, references, appendices etc.... and then scan them all in, my last tutor didn't mind if I send in a mix of pdf and word, as long as there was a max of three per assignment.

I was supposed to speak to her last night but was unable to take her call, I've sent an email today, but I am seriously getting hacked off. It is putting me off my other work that i am doing also.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: so frustrated...TAQ 1 advice/polishing, pdf/word...

Post by Karen Hayday »

Hi Alice,

I am sorry to say but your tutor is right we are not allowed by the awarding body to explain to you exactly how you need to improve your answer to get a grade higher then a pass. If you had gone to college then this would be exactly the same as we all work with the same rules set by QAA.

I actually think she is saying to you (without going against the QAA rules) 'if I was you have a look at improving your other answers, whilst you are looking at the criteria you have been referred on' So if I was you i would take her advice.

As for having the work in one document, this again is what the awarding body wants rather than us. Just a point to help in uploading work When you scan in pictures you can save them as a jpeg which can be imported into a word document which can be uploaded. So perhaps this might be a better option for you in the future.

Best wishes

Karen
DLC Executive Director

alice.yorke

Post by alice.yorke »

I'm not asking for the answer. I'm asking to be told what I'm not understanding. Further more I'm only asking which questions I could improve on. To spend time looking at all of them when is not necessary is a waste of time. I use the scanners at work and they are set to pdf. I don't know what else I can do our say to get some support.

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

well, clarity magnification or resolution definitely need to be fully defined and then linked with how the microscope functions, which is a mistake often made and people often presume resolution actually is the same thing as resolution on a television or monitor (which is of course innaccurate)

I'd say that your tutor is 100% spot on, making a general statement is fine and chances are that it depends on what sort of mark you are aiming for.

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Organisation of the body”