TAQ1 - Clarity

ayaa87

TAQ1 - Clarity

Post by ayaa87 »

Hiya

I cannot find anything on clarity for both microscopes except it means clear. Is there a number involved here?

Any help would be appreciated

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ1 - Clarity

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

Well, clarity is related to resolution when it comes to microscopes since both are directly related to the wavelength of the medium being used, either light or electrons, so clarity and resolution are lower in light microscopes, since resolution is the closest two points are distinguishable from each other clarity is a function of how often things can be magnified before the magnification starts to approach the point of being, to use those technical terms 'fuzzy', when the resolution is magnified further, the image starts to lose clarity because nothing smaller than the wavelength of the light or electron can be percieved. Therefore short wavelength light microscopes (using blue filters) have a finer resolution and therefore a higher clarity

I hope this helps

Robin

ayaa87

Post by ayaa87 »

Thanks

I have already figured this out during the weekend and pretty much mentioned what you wrote already. Good to know I am on the right track. :)

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

hehe

glad to help...er..almost anyway, confirmation's always good too I guess

Robin

Return to “Organisation of the body”