TAQ 5

Kimberley0678

TAQ 5

Post by Kimberley0678 »

Hello,

I am really struggling with this one and have been at it for days :-( I really don't know how to relate the structure and functions of the tissues in only 100 words each!! I am writing my answers down and just for smooth muscle alone I had 150 words, and I hadn't even started skeletal muscle tissue or cardiac :-(

I am really starting to lose the will to live, on 2 days left till I have to hand the assignment in and I haven't even started TAQ 6!!!!!

Can somebody please help??

Many Thanks

Kim

samu2

Re: TAQ 5

Post by samu2 »

I struggled with this one too.

I don't know if I put in enough detail at all but it's not like you can with such a short word count.

With nerve cells I briefly talked about Axons and dendrites. Talked about nodes of ranvier on the axons and the shape of the dendrites.

I don't think it is going to be possible for you to talk about three type of muscle. I picked two and for the skeletal muscle I just talked about epimysium, but that was only like two lines then for smooth muscle I talked about their shape and the fibres they contain.

I didn't go into much detail at all because there just wasn't the space.

I just focused on two type of tissues or cells for each one.

It's a really hard TAQ and I don't know if I have done enough, but I can't be expected to go into great detail with such a short word count.

I hope this helps somewhat. With no tutor to talk to for two weeks and it doesn't seem like many people use this forum anymore it is hard to get help right now.

Kimberley0678

Post by Kimberley0678 »

Hi Samu2

I have had to ask for an extension, even though my tutor is away.

I have never struggled on a TAQ as much as I have this one :(

I have done similar to what you have done and kept the detail to a minimum but really don't know how a distinction is achievable with not being able to put that much detail in as its one of the distinction criteria!!

Your reply has helped though, thank you. As I just left the muscle tissue section till last, so I will have another look at it with your advice.

I have noticed there aren't many people that come on here. Ive seen quite a bit of activity on the Facebook page though.

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

Just sneaking on during shutdown. Actually the forums often get kinda busy, it's just that this is a quiet time

Ok, tissues it's not a description but a link of form and function, this means directly linking form and function whenever possible. Alas the word counts are a necessity, for 100 words we're not expecting huge detail but a direct link between form and function whenever possible. The biggest error people think is that a detailed description is the way to go, when really we're looking more at the structures found within say a muscle and how those connect with it's role

I hope this helps

Robin

Kimberley0678

Post by Kimberley0678 »

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your reply, I have finished TAQ 5 now and I am fairly confident, will just hope for the best.

I have just started TAQ 6 and I am a little unsure about how I lay my answer out, it asks the questions in an A) B) C) format, so do I answer in that format?

Many Thanks

Kim

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

I'd always stick to the recommended format, so I'd definitely do it that way

I hope this helps

Robin

Kimberley0678

Post by Kimberley0678 »