OOB Help Needed Please

amberonthebeach

OOB Help Needed Please

Post by amberonthebeach »

Looking for help on OOB assessment please on the microscope question. I've almost completed the assessment but still struggling to find anything about the clarity of the two microscopes. Skipped it and got on with the rest of the assessment but need complete it. I've covered what is meant by magnification and resolution and compared the two but could anyone point me in the right direction of where to find clarity please? :doh:

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Re: OOB Help Needed Please

Post by PPoskitt »

Hi Amber!

Firstly you need to have a basic understanding of what Clarity means when it comes to Microscopes. A quick online Dictionary search will give you something like this....

‘The state or quality of being easy to understand’ [Oxford, 2005].

So when we look at Clarity in terms of the Light Microscope and Electron Microscope, there will be a huge difference in Clarity because of the different wavelengths that these microscopes use.

....Without giving the answer away, think about the following and it should help with your answer :thumbup:

- Which microscope uses light radiation and which uses projected electrons
- What are the wavelengths of the above?
- How will different wavelengths affect 'The state or quality of the image' and why
- Do these wavelengths have limitations? If so, will this put a limitation on the Clarity?

If you have a good look at the Assessment Criteria, there isn't too much on the Clarity aspect of the TAQ - so don't use too much of your word count for this part! I had a short sentence for each part; Definition, Light Microscope & Electron Microscope.

If you need any further help, don't hesitate to get in touch with your tutor who may be able to guide you further!

All the best, let me know if you need any help with any other part of OOB! Good luck! :thumbup: :D
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

Pam Leach

Re: OOB Help Needed Please

Post by Pam Leach »

You should discuss both magnification and resolution. When we look at something with a high resolution, what does that mean exactly? Both magnification and resolution then give us the clarity of the image. Hope that helps.
Curriculum leader of Science and Biology tutor

Return to “Organisation of the body”