Diet and Digestion TAQ 5

Sparklygal74

Diet and Digestion TAQ 5

Post by Sparklygal74 »

Help!!!!!

I am being driven slowly mad by this question. It has a 200 word limit on it but it seems completely impossible to cover everything.

I have 3 sections focussing on the stomach, small intestine and large intestine.
I have a 3 small diagrams showing the internal walls of each.
I have bullet pointed each organ describing the layers mucosa, sub muscosa, muscularis and serosa
And still have 364 words!!
I already tried essay format to combine and compare each. I tried sections describing each and I put too many words in.

How to you get a high scoring efficient answer?? It seems impossible!! Is it just me or are the set word limits completely unrealistic??

Any suggestions?? Before I go mad??

Robin Greenwood

Re: Diet and Digestion TAQ 5

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

the word counts are designed so you can get a distinction it's just that you have to make sure that you construct the answer carefully. If this is the question on the organs of the digestive tract, I'd not discuss the stomach layers since really they're covered in another question and if there's part of the answer that's covered elsewhere, dont discuss it until you handle that criteria and make sure that your answer deals only with answering the criteria directly. So, with the question on the layers of the gut wall, that's the only thing you need to discuss, the same for the questions on the organs of the digestive tract

I hope this helps

Robin

Sparklygal74

Post by Sparklygal74 »

Thanks Robin.

I've not discussed the duodenum Jujenum or Ileum in this answer.

TAQ 5 (Assessment criterion: 3.2: Identify layers in the gut wall and show how these structures of different parts of the digestive tract relate to their roles in digestion)
Using a diagram identify and discuss the layers of the digestive tract and how they perform their function.

The above is the question.

Thanks.

shell001

Post by shell001 »

Hi Sparkle,

To be honest I prefer having the word counts now, the old assignment didn't and I would be sending my tutor 25+ page assignments!?!? My poor tutor!

For this Taq, I had 3 diagrams; 1 showing the four layers of the gut wall, 1 showing ruggae and 1 which shows the differences between the large and small intestine.

Try to focus just on the differences between them as oppose to any similarities. In the stomach I mentioned the mucosa and sub-mucosa and talked about ruggae, then for the large and small intestine, I concentrated on things such as villi and intestinal crypts. I didn't mention anything about ileum etc so don't worry. I got a distinction so it must have been ok. I did 218 word for this (10% rule). You have probably already covered everything so just check against the criteria and take anything out that isn't required.

Hope that makes sense
Take care x

Return to “Diet and digestion”