TAQ 5

kbrown93

TAQ 5

Post by kbrown93 »

Hi

I'm struggling with this one. I know the four layers but I'm having problems finding a reliable website to explain simply but in enough detail what each layer does. Every site I try used ridiculous language I don't understand or has conflicting info. Anyone got any useful ones?

Also I'm having problems comparing the layers of each organ. So far I have written about villi and microvilli and mucus within the stomach. What else am I missing?

Katie
Access to Nursing

Katie B

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 5

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

well I'd start with wikipedia but dont merely use that one or reference it, as a starting point though it's a good place to begin a search on the layers of the gut wall (but not suitable as a reference point or a sole point either(You'd be surprised we do get people virtually trying to quote back the wikipedia page to us as an answer)

I'd also keep in mind that a good section of this work is meant to cover the different layers throughout different sections of the gut, there are times when people focus entirely on the stomach and that's missing most of the point when they should also be looking at the small and large intestine and comparing them

I hope this helps

Robin

kbrown93

Post by kbrown93 »

Thanks, I have used Wikipedia to clear things up in my head and to help make more sense but haven't referenced it.

Is muscularis mucosa the same as Muscularis externa?

Katie
Access to Nursing

Katie B

ambarann

Post by ambarann »

http://www.as.miami.edu/chemistry/2086/ ... wPART2.htm

The above site has lots of information that be of might help.
I can't get the detail into 200 words though - managed to get it down to 235 - am I likely to be marked down for that?

kbrown93

Post by kbrown93 »

Thanks that website is useful. I am on 251 words so need to get it down. I recon 235 will be ok as its only just over the 10% limit. Maybe try re-wording things to cut it down.

Katie
Access to Nursing

Katie B

Return to “Diet and digestion”