TAQ 2 help!

finnjo1

TAQ 2 help!

Post by finnjo1 »

Hi I am doing this TAQ - Evaluate the way in which diet may be a contributory factor in illness or disease.
In the question it says refer to the diet in TAQ1 and how it will cause ill health etc..
Then in the Criteria it says give a detailed account on several major problems caused by poor diet and explain the physiological effects. Also provide a specific breakdown of major dietary requirements for at least 3 examples with links to possible deficiency diseases.

So would it be best to answer the first part fairly briefly (including as much detail as possible) and then focus on the next bit about 3 examples etc??

Seems an awful lot to fit into 500 words and I am not sure where to start!!! :roll: :violin:

Any help, much appreciated

thank you

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 2 help!

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

well, it's a challenging question but definitely possible within the word count, the real key is linking the diet as presented with possible problems so you might want to talk about atherosclerosis and type II diabetes but you do need to show a link between the two. A few people make the mistake at this point of just saying 'this causes atherosclerosis' without showing how it causes it.

deficiencies are pretty easy, in this case rickets is an obvious one but the real key here is to show that the diet doesnt meet the requirements and what conditions it might cause

I hope this helps

Robin

finnjo1

Re: TAQ 2 help!

Post by finnjo1 »

Thanks Robin
Thats a great help...

Return to “Diet and digestion”