gut wall...word count :(

jodipodi83

gut wall...word count :(

Post by jodipodi83 »

Hiya, Im really struggling with word count on TAQ5...GUT WALL.
I have done the stomach, rugae, mucosa, epithelial, gastric pits, gastric glands, parietal, chief, G cells. Hydrochloric acid, gastrin, pepsinogen. For the rest of the layers I have literally very very briefly said there are longitudinal, oblique and circular muscles that enable stomach to churn food, brief mention of serosa being a friction barrier. I am on 170 odd words and have already reduced it!!! Need to talk about small and large intestine, villi, lack of villi, enterokinase, crypts etc etc.... any advice...am I missing anything or is there anything I could do away with :( ?

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: gut wall...word count :(

Post by Karen Hayday »

I have asked Robin to reply.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

well, one of the major things of this discussion is also to discuss the differences to I'd actually give that some attention, you're not expected to cover every detail within the word count, but there are some major differences particularly on the inner most layer *hint hint* that definitely should be discussed and while detail is good, remember to make sure that you focus entirely on what the criteria is asking for rather than intensely describing everything involved, the criteria is, as always, what the work is judged and marked on

I hope this helps

Robin

jodipodi83

Post by jodipodi83 »

So, Robin would I be correct in thinking that its the specific comparatives that are the key such as ''one has a brush border of columnar epithelial cells'' rather than the amount of detail in the enzymes and secretions....so for eg concentrate mainly on the difference between stomach lining inner most layer: has rugae/mucosa/glands/pits that are made of cells whereas innermost of the small intestine: has villi, brush border, columnar epithelial. Then maybe expand on the cellular/secretions of each gut wall with what's left of the word count after comparing them ?

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

that sounds like a good approach, I know the word count for this one is tight but I'd also be thinking about the purpose of some of these distinct structures *hint*

I hope this helps, let me know if not

Robin

Return to “Diet and digestion”