Word count, how exactly does it work?

super92

Word count, how exactly does it work?

Post by super92 »

Hi,
I am currently on TAQ1 of Diet and Digestion. If I make a table with 3 rows and on top of each row I insert the a) b) and c) headings do they count towards the total word count? You probably know already that in this and many other TAQ's overall, every word counts, that is why I am trying to save a few for my self.
Anyways, just to give you an example a) says:
"A teenage male athlete" if I include that as a heading for one of the rows in my table, does it count towards the total word count?
Not including those would be silly, but all of them together take up 17 words that I would like to use in the table. I am now on 180 words on the first bit, which is 5 words over. So if those 17 would not count, I could add some more useful information.
Thanks in advance

vsadd88

Re: Word count, how exactly does it work?

Post by vsadd88 »

Hi,

I have just started this too.... I don't intend to count them in my word count as they are not my words and we have been instructed to title our table. 17 words is a lot when you only have 150 to begin with....

I hope that this is right so you may want to double check.

Good luck!

Vicky

super92

Post by super92 »

one more question, would I get punished for writing in a certain way? eg. red blood cells(hemoglobin); B12(cobalamin); B3(niacin). Notice there is no space between the original word and the one in brackets, making "B3(niacin)" one word.

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

hehe, that's an interesting way of doing it and no, I doubt that you would be though I would definitely keep within the word counts limitations

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Diet and digestion”