TAQ 1 old assessment help URGENT PLEASE

leanne.mark

TAQ 1 old assessment help URGENT PLEASE

Post by leanne.mark »

Hi I have the old Diet and Digestion TAQ 1 with the menu and asked to say why the diet is inappropriate for the athlete and breast feeding mother I keep going round in circles and getting lost. I found a website and entered the menu and got some really strange figure for the vitamins so now don't know what to do I cant seem to find a reliable website to breakdown the menu to then be able to compare to what I think they should have. I have done all other TAQs apart form 1 and 2 and am literally pulling my hair out as I'm sure its not that difficult am I missing something!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 1 old assessment help URGENT PLEASE

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

the old one is based on the simple principle of discussing why the diet is unsuitable, so if you follow the idea of what the athlete needs such as calories and protein etc then you're thinking how the diet doesnt support that so does it have too many or too few calories, does it provide the protein needed, does it give the iron and calcium needed as well

Personally I'd recommend going to the new assessments since they're generally more direct

I hope this helps

Robin

leanne.mark

Re: TAQ 1 old assessment help URGENT PLEASE

Post by leanne.mark »

Thanks Robin I have almost done the old assessment now did all other TAQs so only have 1 and 2 left

Return to “Diet and digestion”