TAQ 5

Ashleigh1988

TAQ 5

Post by Ashleigh1988 »

Sorry forgot to mention TAQ 5

i dont understand what its asking me to do:

using a diagram,identify and discuss the layers of the digestive tract and how they preform their function

help :/ x

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 5

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

it's asking you to talk about each of the layers of the digestive tract, ie those tissues you'd see if you transected across the intestine since each of the layers have a different role. Some people do this from an 'outside in' method, starting with the outermost layer and working in until they reach the lumen or the hollow space within the intestine. It's also useful to consider how the layers differ from oesophagus, to stomach, to small intestine to large intestine as well

I hope this helps

Robin

Ashleigh1988

Post by Ashleigh1988 »

Im still really stuck on the question and its stressing me out really want to get it done so i ca complete the last 3 assignments in my deadline 31.10.14.

I have a diagram of the inside off the gut wall, it is already labled, am i right in thinking i discuss the four layers
Lumen, Mucosa, Submaccosa, Serosa.
It goes on as the whole diagram is labled.

Can anyone help me with simplifying the question and letting me know if im on the right tract.

Thank you :)

Robin Greenwood

That's the core of it, and the roles played by the different layers of the gut wall particularly when it comes to their location within the gastro intestinal tract

I hope this helps

Robin

Ashleigh1988

Post by Ashleigh1988 »

Hello robin, i have explained the 4 layers of the gut wall
i only have 100 words left to talk about the location within the GI tract

and im finding it hard to find a link that talks about the stmoach, small and large intestins together?

Robin Greenwood

Hiya

Well, I'd discuss some differences between them

Robin

Return to “Diet and digestion”