TAQ 5 help??

nh179

TAQ 5 help??

Post by nh179 »

Hi again
I'm struggling with this TAQ. I have a good table but am struggling to figure out what features to compare? Can anyone help? I could give a description of each type of immunity but I can't pick out specific features. Is it stuff like how the immunity is acquired? Or if it's part of a specific or non-specific response? or something like length of immunity given? Am I completely off track. I just want HBS 1 done!
Thanks!

nh179

Re: TAQ 5 help??

Post by nh179 »

Anyone? Robin, any clues? Please? Lol

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 5 help??

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

those are all features and really you need to be looking at the differences in each kind of immunity and if it helps I'd first split them into natural and acquired immunity natural being the immunity we basically inherit from ourparents while acquired immunity is often linked with conditions we encounter (such as the benefit of injecting cowpox allowing us to acquire an immunity to smallpox hence eradicating the disease) then I'd discuss active and passive immunity passive being the passing on of directly formed immune agents from one person to another which is great for short term conditions and can be used for removing toxins from the system in some cases and this is great for a person that might be immunocompromised or the illness is very fast acting and likely to overwhelm the immune system. There is also an acquired form of passive immunity through placental transfer of immune elements across the placental wall highlighting that in some instances these can crossover. Active immunity is when the immune system is actively involved, so B and T cells are often manufactured and memory cells are created, making the immunity long term rather than short term and directly connects with the exposure to the antigen

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Pathogens”