taq 3

unihereicome

taq 3

Post by unihereicome »

I have finished the fact sheets and am aware that they need to be aimed at the local communities. However communities where cholera is prevalent are unlikely to be able to do much about there situation...eg. improving sanitation, avoiding contaminated water and foods, hand hygiene.... refugee camps, slums (overly populated without amenities) and places where clean water is very scarce, dirty water and unsanitary conditions is the only option. Most of the preventative measures aren't accessible to these people. has anyone else found this is a bit difficult to do, if the fact sheet was given to these people it would be insulting to say you need to wash your hands, improve sanitation and avoid contaminated water, if you have nothing what can you do?

Robin Greenwood

Re: taq 3

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

In this case I'd use technical language whenever possible and keep in mind that the setting is purely hypothetical, the answer is graded on the strength of the answer rather than the suitability to a target audience. In this case I would think in terms of medical professionals who are looking after such a community

I hope this helps

Robin

unihereicome

Re: taq 3

Post by unihereicome »

thank you, i have completed this task i just wanted to make sure that i had done it right and i have done pretty much as you have mentioned.

Return to “Pathogens”