TAQ 2

kbrown93

TAQ 2

Post by kbrown93 »

Hi

I'm struggling with this unit.

I'm working through the fact sheets and I'm stuck on what I write about for the 'life cycle' of the pathogen. What does this refer to? I'm going over on the word count.

Katie
Access to Nursing

Katie B

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 2

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

the life cycle refers to the means of reproduction and if the pathogen has more than one stage in its life such as plasmodium, so if I were talking about viruses I would discuss how they invade cells, subverting the reproductive mechanisms of the cell to creat more viruses etc. I would also talk about nutrition, what do they each and the morphology of the form for each and definitely give specific examples

I hope this helps

Robin

kbrown93

Post by kbrown93 »

HI Robin

Thanks thats helps alot. Need to cut out some of the rubbish I have included then to make room for that.

Katie
Access to Nursing

Katie B

mrsalliec

Post by mrsalliec »

Just jumping on the band wagon of this - does the factsheet need to look like a factsheet - eg. all fancy edges, headings etc or should it be the facts as I would type for any assigment. thanks for any advice as I have finished this TAQ now just worried its not looking like a fancy factsheet, more like a typed document of facts.

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

the tutor will definitely be looking more at the content than presentation, so I'd focus on what you discuss for each before the actual presentation which is in comparison a very minor part of the assessment

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Pathogens”