TAQ 5!!!!!

Goz1992

TAQ 5!!!!!

Post by Goz1992 »

Hi everyone,

Apologies, maybe it is just me, but I am having an absolute breakdown with this question.

So, in the two tables you have to identify similarities and differences between natural, acquired, active and passive immunity. Natural and acquired in one table, active and passive in another table, assuming because of space???? Anyway, wherever I look, books, websites etc, all I can find information about is Active and Passive immunity. but not about natural or acquired immunity? I am driving myself insane with this and it is only 200 words!! Am I missing something??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :snooty:

Thank you!
Rachel x

Robin Greenwood

Re: TAQ 5!!!!!

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

in a nutshell, and without giving too much away natural is 'built in' to the person and it's that which they're born with (though given the exchange of Ig proteins across the placenta one could argue that's even acquired) Acquired is the immunity you gain from exposure to pathogens/or pathogen proteins

I hope this distills it down, when you expand from there you should be fine

Robin

Rach H

Post by Rach H »

This question is also confusing me I understand what 'natural' and 'acquired' means but I'm completely confused about how this transpires into similarities and differences and how to write it in this format of a table! Talk about getting angry with myself! :evil:
Strangers think I'm quiet. My friends think I'm outgoing. My best friends know that I'm completely insane.

Access to Paramedicine

Rachel xx

Robin Greenwood

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

well, I'd think in terms of innate and acquired since the term natural can be a little unscientific

I hope this helps

Robin

Return to “Pathogens”