HUMAN BIOLOGY 2

jenster12

HUMAN BIOLOGY 2

Post by jenster12 »

Can you still do this module if you want to go on to do midwifery?

janeS

Re: HUMAN BIOLOGY 2

Post by janeS »

Hi I'm taking this module at the moment and going to do midwifery. It is only worth 6 credits for people doing midwifery as we don't do the physio unit. The other units are genetics and life cycle, really good! :)

georgiamb

Post by georgiamb »

You can do all 3 units even if you are doing midwifery.

I am studying to do Occupational Therapy and found I needed the extra 3 credits that the skeleton and muscle unit gave me in order to get the full 45 credits at level 3.

Speak to your tutor - personally I think that unit 3 could be useful for anyone studying a health course... after all, isn't the pelvis related to midwifery? The uterus is also made up of muscle... surely this unit is actually useful? Plus there's the issue of the growing baby - that tiny skeleton is VERY important to midwives, as is the development of it's muscles!

To be honest, I'm 31 weeks pregnant and if my midwife had no clue about muscles or the skeleton I would be switching midwives faster than a speeding bullet!!

VLG4375

Post by VLG4375 »

I believe you can take the extra 3 credits if you're uni requires extra credits in science but you should check with your tutor.

Vicki x

Tattie

Post by Tattie »

HI
this post is a couple of years old, however, one of the uni#s I'm applying to has just increased its grades to 45 at level 3 distinction of which 30 MUST be in anatomy and physiology. This unit is a must to meet that criteria

good luck - its very competitive out there especially for health courses.

Tattie
I'm also studying midwifery adn will be doing this module

Return to “Open Awards Human Biological Systems 2”