research report - intro

csgillam1

research report - intro

Post by csgillam1 »

Hello,

I have included; Friedman & Rosenman, (obviously!), Mathews & Haynes type A + hostility & Kobasa + hardiness. and feel that this is enough blurb for an intro but the spec says 600 words? (against my 350) I don't want to waffle on about non-relevant stuff, any suggestions please :) THNX

rml123

Re: research report - intro

Post by rml123 »

Hi Chris

Me again LOL :)

In my intro I also included a bit about the physiological effects of stress (i.e. what happens to the body when the sympathetic nervous system is activated) to relate it back to the purpose of the experiment. Also, why it is important to actually perform the study and how it applies the real world, increase in CHD/Atherosclerosis etc, in relation to personality type.

Hope this helps
Becky

csgillam1

Post by csgillam1 »

Hi Becky,

good to see u :).

that does give me something concrete to build it up with rather than rambling on and excluding relevant stuff!

I am not too sure what to do when I come to the parametric test, I think there is a calculator on here somewhere??

my first two participants were as cool as cuecumber, the pulse rate of one of them even went down a notch!?!

Thanks Becky, always good to hear from u xx

rml123

Post by rml123 »

Don't panic too much about your actual results. Mine were all over the place. As I was going through I realised that I could have made changes to the method to make it more stressful and maybe get better results. I had lots to talk about in the discussion... The flow chart to choose the stats test is at the back of the stats module and you'll find a calculator on line if you google it x

Return to “Open Awards Aspects of health and disease”