frequency

csgillam1

frequency

Post by csgillam1 »

Hiya,

RE:REPORT

I assume that the vertical frequency is representative of the personality scores but I cannot decipher why the data is 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 etc? I am obviously missing something here :?

:roll:

Robin Greenwood

Re: frequency

Post by Robin Greenwood »

Hiya

That sounds fine to me, frequency is almost always used vertically in science and dont worry too much about that, focus on the data

Robin

csgillam1

Post by csgillam1 »

Sorry Robin but I don't understand why the divisions are 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 etc

Thanks

Chris

rml123

Post by rml123 »

Hi Chris

This graph got me stumped for absolutely ages too.... just didn't make sense at all to me either.

Plot your frequency up the vertical axis as 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 and so on. However, when you plot your results you'll only ever be marking against 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc as you cannot have a portion of a person lol... I had two lines, one for A personality, the other for B personality.

The horizontal axis will be beats per 'however many seconds you recorded over'. I recorded mine every 15 seconds, so I had beats per 15 seconds. If I had 3 people that recorded 20 beats per 15 seconds, then I marked it at 3.0 up the vertical axis and 20 along the horizontal axis (hope that makes some sense!)

I think the reason the DLC may have put the vertical axis into decimals is so that you make the graph a little larger and spread the results out to make it legible... hopefully you will see a distribution curve develop for each personality type

Hope this helps
Becky

csgillam1

Post by csgillam1 »

THNX Becky ;).

Scraped through exam today, LITURATELY!!! (retake, as I lost the file after I had finished yesterday!!) Have to knock out this report tomorrow......going to be an all nighter I think!

Almost there, really dissapointed with my exam result though!!! (but it was a pass!)

You all set for September???

xxxx

rml123

Post by rml123 »

OMG!! You do not do things by halves!!! I cannot imagine the panic of losing the file after doing the exam. I think you've done amazing considering. Don't worry about the result of the exam... a pass is a pass at the end of the day... you've done it :D

Just one more night to go and all done and you can start regrowing some of that hair you've pulled out! I think you've already done a lot of it if you're already up to plotting the results on a graph? Just finishing the results, doing stats test, discussion and conclusion left, sounds a lot, but it's only another 2-3 pages.

Getting all set for September... still stressful lol! I've not got my full unconditional offer from the uni, but I have to presume its going to happen as I've exceeded the conditions of their offer... but I've just handed the notice in on my rented house, found another closer to uni (moving 26th Aug!), and trying to move my daughters school, which is no mean feat when they are all on holiday. Timing doesn't all quite match as I'm on a deadline to try and get everything sorted before the next school year, so I'm having to make decisions before the previous decision has been fully confirmed/accepted... I had to hand my notice in on my house yesterday, before I've received my new tenancy agreement, before I receive confirmation of my Uni place.... or that my daughter has got into her new school. I don't think my body would know how to run without stress hormones now!!!

Becky x

csgillam1

Post by csgillam1 »

Oh my goodness Becky, you have a load on your plate!! and you have still put yourself out on here!!! Sounds like you're running on autopilot, you can't physically do any more, hopefully everything will fall into place. When does your uni start? Hopefully you will get a couple of weeks breather inbetween moving and starting. GOOD LUCK, hope all goes to plan and don't forget it's not good for you to be running on those stress hormones :o.

Gosh, had other priorities this morning and I have barely started the report. I was looking ahead to anticipate any obsticles, it seems quite complicated to me, I didn't really get the stats first time around and with tutor going on hols, really is my last chance! Had a few of them!!

Take care and don't forget to breathe ;) xx

Jaz x

Post by Jaz x »

hello - wondering if anyone can answer quick q please - is it just the pulse rate 2 we are plotting on graph? who knew a graph would be so confusing!!
thanks in advance - jaz

rebinks64

Post by rebinks64 »

Hi

Really Hope someone can help!!!! i have spent over a week trying to do this graph and dont seem to be getting anywhere and therefore slowly getting behind schedule!!!

Firstly is is just PR2 we are inputting in the graph? secondly i did the experiment on 20 people (8 Type A and 12 Type B) I monitored the pulse rate over 5 second periods. I am aware that on the horizontal axis on the graph it is number of beats and the vertical axis i have been told by tutor is the number of participants that had that amount of beats????? i dont know if the answer is staring me in the face but i just dont get it! As i dont seem to have a lot of data to enter (to be exact i have 3 different plots on the graph for each type) basically i have for example 3type A that had a beat of 5 in a 5 second period so would i plot 3 along the side (#of people) then 5 along the bottom for the beat???? im confusing myself now, how this makes sense to someone who can help!!! :)

Return to “Open Awards Aspects of health and disease”