Referencing DLC

chrisdh1985

Referencing DLC

Post by chrisdh1985 »

Hi,

I am getting a bit confused with how to go about referencing the DLC ethics information pack within my text. As I have just taken ideas from reading the info, would I be correct in thinking that it would go at the end of the paragraph E.G (DL Centre,2011) or would it be the date that I accessed it E.G (DL Centre, 2013)

Thanks

schmushe

Re: Referencing DLC

Post by schmushe »

In text referencing is the date of the book / article not the date you accessed it. Therefore it would be eg (BBC.2010)

chrisdh1985

Post by chrisdh1985 »

Thanks, but I am struggling with referencing the DLC Ethics information pack. It doesnt state an author or a date of publishing. I have checked the Harvard referencing tools, but I cant see any info on this. Has anyone included this in their communications reference list ?

Thanks

Yvonne Otter
Head of level 2 and GCSE equivalences

Post by Yvonne Otter »

Hi,

Ideally you shouldn't reference to the Course materials, you should reference to a source that can be found by anyone so you should be looking for information from alternative sources. Where you have got the information from the course materials you should look for the original source of that information.

Yvonne

chrisdh1985

Post by chrisdh1985 »

Ok thanks Yvonne

Return to “Communications level 3”