Personal writing.. a few questions and a thankyou!

georgina.addison

Personal writing.. a few questions and a thankyou!

Post by georgina.addison »

I would like to first start by saying THANK GOD FOR THIS FORUM!

I got so stressed last night finishing off the communications materials, and just looking at the first assessment I wanted to cry! May have been too late at night for my brain to function.. but I've come on here today, and mostly all my questions have been answered, and now I feel like I CAN do it.. So thank you!!! :)

However, just a few things pickling me still. Task 1 about writing up the research into your chosen profession, I'm guessing you don't write this in first person, for example 'To get into uni I must .....' ? is it just a general review on what someone would do that's looking to go into the preofession?

How many words does task one need to be altogether? I know the positives and negatives should be around 200 each?

Also, most of my research for this I have is off the internet and my university prospectus'. Do you get marked less for just using one type of resource when you reference or is it better to use a variety of resources, such as tv programmes, books, audio cds, etc?

Wishing you all lots of luck on your modules :) Thank you in advance.

x

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Personal writing.. a few questions and a thankyou!

Post by Karen Hayday »

georgina.addison wrote:I would like to first start by saying THANK GOD FOR THIS FORUM!

I got so stressed last night finishing off the communications materials, and just looking at the first assessment I wanted to cry! May have been too late at night for my brain to function.. but I've come on here today, and mostly all my questions have been answered, and now I feel like I CAN do it.. So thank you!!! :)

However, just a few things pickling me still. Task 1 about writing up the research into your chosen profession, I'm guessing you don't write this in first person, for example 'To get into uni I must .....' ? is it just a general review on what someone would do that's looking to go into the preofession?

For this one you can write in the first person because it is a personal writing assessment though generally you dont

How many words does task one need to be altogether? I know the positives and negatives should be around 200 each?

There is a general rule for all essays of 1500-2000 words but it should say it on the assessment or when you were downloading it

Also, most of my research for this I have is off the internet and my university prospectus'. Do you get marked less for just using one type of resource when you reference or is it better to use a variety of resources, such as tv programmes, books, audio cds, etc?

You should use more than one source for the best marks

Wishing you all lots of luck on your modules :) Thank you in advance.

x
Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Communications level 3”