Format

amylou87

Format

Post by amylou87 »

Hey,

I'm just finishing up my first TAQ and I'm confused about the format I should present it in. My tutor would prefer me to send it all in one file, so should I include a table of contents for ease of reading? I'm probably worrying too much about it but I want to do well!

Also, in regards to task 1.1 I used a mind map for my notes. Should I scan it and include it or should I convert all my notes into a word document?

Amy

NICOLALA

Re: Format

Post by NICOLALA »

Amy,

when I was doing my Access Course, I used to just scan everything in and upload it onto MYDLC but with clear indication to what Module it was for - and which unit so that when it came to marking it was a no brainer in regards to what goes where for the marker.

When doing mine in regards to layout in the WORD document I just did a side heading "TAQ 1 - Criteria 1.2" (EXAMPLE) and so on, therefore it all remained in one document and left it at that so that the marker knew what TAQ he/she was marking. I never had a tutor tell me that it wasn't acceptable.

I never bothered with a contents page for an assessment, but I guess that is something you could ask your tutor about?

Also just make sure you reference EVERYTHING :)

(Just out of curiosity and I'm sure a tutor will correct me if I am wrong but I remember when I did mine at the beginning there was a document exampling the do's and dont's in regards to writing Essays... Perhaps ask your tutor where you could find that document on the site?)

Yvonne Otter
Head of level 2 and GCSE equivalences

Post by Yvonne Otter »

Hi Amy,

I can see you've already had some good advice but just to confirm. As long as the individual tasks are clearly marked within the document it is fine. It should be possible to begin each of the tasks on a separate page within the same document. If you want to scan and upload the mind map separately that's fine.

Yvonne

amylou87

Post by amylou87 »

Thanks for the replies! I think since it's my first TAQ I'm panicking more than necessary :? With this advice now I'm sure I'll do fine :D

Return to “Communications level 3”