SHOE SIZES HELP PLEASE ABSOLUTELY BAFFLED!!!

Chelsea123

SHOE SIZES HELP PLEASE ABSOLUTELY BAFFLED!!!

Post by Chelsea123 »

:roll: hiya! I have started this and spent the last 4 hours on it, so far i have done the research, put it into a table with age, XXX and shoe size...I dont get how im meant to do a tally chart for this information???
I have done a scatter graph on lined paper to show this information...but i still dont think i clearly understand what im doing with it and how i can prove the hypothesis...
How do i find out the average for each size?? Please someone shed some light before i completely lose the will to live!!! :o

Chelsea123

Re: SHOE SIZES HELP PLEASE ABSOLUTELY BAFFLED!!!

Post by Chelsea123 »

anyone???lol

t.colebrownlee
DLC Staff

Post by t.colebrownlee »

Hello

Your two main data will be: 1. shoe sizes and 2. age.

You could list shoe sizes down the left of your table and age across the top. You can then simply tally how many of your participants fall into each cell (i.e. how many 12-15 year olds have size 12 feet).

Your scattergraph would follow a similiar format.

Hope this helps!

manticore

Post by manticore »

Hiya,

I worked out the average shoe size for each age by adding them together and dividing by number of children of that age - I used 4 children for each age between 1 and 12 and did 2 graphs, one for the average shoe size of each age of all participants combined and another separated into male and female averages. Once you get that worked out, the rest is not that bad. (haven't had mine marked yet though ;) ) Your graph should show whether the hypothesis is proven or not.

Return to “assessments”