Application of Number, am I stupid?

hilly78

Application of Number, am I stupid?

Post by hilly78 »

I've just started my Access to Nursing course and I'm doing Application of Number. Maths wasn't my strongest subject at school, but I didn't think I was a total idiot! Is anyone else really struggling???? :crazy:

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Application of Number, am I stupid?

Post by Karen Hayday »

Lots of people struggle when they first start, one good place for extra help is bbc bitesized which has lots of interactive materials for you to have a try with.

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

hilly78

Post by hilly78 »

Thank you, someone on here had recommended that website so I had a look and I have found it really helpful. I was starting to really worry!

CXB

Post by CXB »

I did struggle a bit. But I did it and I was extremely pleased as I only have to re-submit 2 questions. I use the website http://www.mathsisfun.com/sphider/searc ... h&search=1. I use it for my children and it helped me.

But I do have a question page 30, how do I work out the line of projection for the graph?

Hope the link helps?

Good luck

Yvonne Otter
Head of level 2 and GCSE equivalences

Post by Yvonne Otter »

Hi,

You have all of the information you need to draw the graph in the tables of mortality rates. You will have the years on the x axis and the mortality rates on the y axis. To draw a combined graph you will need to add the totals for men and women together.

Hope this helps!

Yvonne

Return to “assessments”