Listening & Speaking Assesment

If you are studying English GCSE Equivalence then this forum is for you to use for help and support
FutureMrsDonovan

Listening & Speaking Assesment

Post by FutureMrsDonovan »

I'm confused!!!!
Don't know what to write, or where to start, or how to set it out, and I'm stressing!!!!
Any pearls of wisdom for a woman on the edge?? PLEASE!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Listening & Speaking Assesment

Post by Karen Hayday »

I am passing this on to Rhia as she is the giver of all knowledge on this assessment

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Post by Rhia Hayday »

I have a feeling you may have just got this emailed to you! But just in case you're not actually my student, here's some advice I've just given:

So we're talking about tragedy. Tragedy goes all the way through the novel, and to be honest there's an enormous sense of foreboding that something awful is going to happen. Lenny and George would be the obvious characters to focus on, so explain to me what happens to them, what tragedy they experience throughout the novel (dead mouse, running away from Weed, Lenny's general issues, George having to protect him, the dead dog, Curley's wife, what happens right at the end) - talk about that.

If you want to talk about the tragedy of any other characters you can (as well or instead of) - Old Candy and his dog are really tragic characters.

Plan what you're going to say, and then go through the criteria/marksheet and make sure that you are clear on what I'm going to ask you and what you have to pay attention to when you're doing the presentation.

5 mins is actually really short - and if you miss anything out, then we can always talk at the end. It's still part of the presentation. I know it's really nerve wracking, but it's only me, and it's just like we're having a chat (but you'll be talking for most of it!)
Curriculum Manager

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Thanks Rhia, that was quick!

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “English”