GCSE poetry assessment

If you are studying English GCSE Equivalence then this forum is for you to use for help and support
robnfc

GCSE poetry assessment

Post by robnfc »

Hi

I'm currently reading the poetry assessment for the GCSE English and I'm a bit unsure about the criteria marks.

Section 4.3 advises that I must use an "index system to locate material and authors". I can understand why I would use this in the novel part of the assessment but not in the poetry section. If I'm answering an English question I was under the impression that I would use the Harvard ref system and a bibliography. I don't really see what I'm meant to index for the poetry section? :?

Rhia Hayday
Head of Humanities & Lvl3 Comms

Re: GCSE poetry assessment

Post by Rhia Hayday »

It means references - because you'll be using quotes you'll reference them. You'll also have researched the poem etc, so you have references/a bibliography for this.
Curriculum Manager

Rhia Hayday

Post by Rhia Hayday »

Unless you have done the TAQs, there's no reason why you should be on the criteria sheet yet anyway. Just do what the questions ask you, and then complete the criteria sheet afterwards.
Curriculum Manager

robnfc

Post by robnfc »

Hi, thanks for the reply

Well I've finished the poem answers but like I say, I thought the referencing was just part of the coursework like an essay. 4.3 specifically requests an index system?

So basically the referencing and bibliography is the index, is that right?

Rhia Hayday

Post by Rhia Hayday »

yes
Curriculum Manager

robnfc

Post by robnfc »

ok ta

Return to “English”