Of mice and men skype !!

If you are studying English GCSE Equivalence then this forum is for you to use for help and support
kelly19pape

Of mice and men skype !!

Post by kelly19pape »

Hello everyone really stuck on the skype presentation do not know where to start. Any advise on what things to focus on or anything really.

Thank you

Kelly

Doddy1974

Re: Of mice and men skype !!

Post by Doddy1974 »

I struggle with starting off too!

In the end, I made a mindmap, got down all the things i wanted to include, then grouped them so the presentation would flow. Once I had done this, I found it quite easy to the plan the whole presentation.

HTH

fitmums12

Post by fitmums12 »

is there anyone who could help me with what kind of questions i should ask.

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

I think that this will fall out of the presentation whn you are doing it. Your tutor will ask you questions about what you thought about the book, and so it will turn into a converstion rather than you asking questions.

Hope that this helps.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

zarajo31

Post by zarajo31 »

Hello All

I am just about to start the Presentation for Of Mice and Men. I thought I would find this really easy, but having sat down I don't even know where to start :?

I have started with the question and then each character individually, with all the tragedy that is associated in their lives throughout the novel. Anyone have any suggestions on this topic, how to set it our etc...

Any help would be fab

Thank you

Zara-jo

Yvonne Otter
Head of level 2 and GCSE equivalences

Post by Yvonne Otter »

Hi,

Firstly don't try and look at all of the characters, you only have 5 minutes! Pick 2 of them (your favourites!) and write about the tragedy associated with them. Start by writing it down and then have a think about how you are going to talk about it. So, you could start with a review of the character, say a little bit about them, tell their story, then go on to examine the tragedy of their situation. Do this for 2 people, leave space in between for questions and you will soon find that the 5 minutes flies by!

I hope it goes well for you,

Yvonne

zarajo31

Post by zarajo31 »

Yvonne Otter wrote:Hi,

Firstly don't try and look at all of the characters, you only have 5 minutes! Pick 2 of them (your favourites!) and write about the tragedy associated with them. Start by writing it down and then have a think about how you are going to talk about it. So, you could start with a review of the character, say a little bit about them, tell their story, then go on to examine the tragedy of their situation. Do this for 2 people, leave space in between for questions and you will soon find that the 5 minutes flies by!

I hope it goes well for you,

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne

Thank you so much for your advice. Big help :)

Zara

aclarke55

Post by aclarke55 »

Hey, I've got my presentation in about half an hour. I am so nervous, I know it's only 5 minutes but I've never done well with this kind of thing. I either clam up or ramble, I've got notes coming out of my ears too :cry: *breath*

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

How did you do?
Karen
DLC Executive Director

aclarke55

Post by aclarke55 »

I managed! Was nervous throughout but that's just me. Tutor was friendly so put me at ease a little. Thanks for asking :-)

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

I am glad that it all went well, and just think of it as putting you in practice for when you get to university where there will be more stuff like this.

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

zarajo31

Post by zarajo31 »

aclarke55 wrote:I managed! Was nervous throughout but that's just me. Tutor was friendly so put me at ease a little. Thanks for asking :-)
How did the five minutes feel? I have to wait until the 8th now as could not do the 1st, this makes me more anxious :/ I can't practice as feel stupid talking to myself and when showing partner I just ramble as I get nervous infront of him haha

Glad you got through anyway :dance:

aclarke55

Post by aclarke55 »

The five minutes went so fast! I thought I'd only spoken for 30 seconds when I'd finished but it was about 3 minutes then had time to answer questions. Good luck :-)

Return to “English”