english gcse

If you are studying English GCSE Equivalence then this forum is for you to use for help and support
delahend83

english gcse

Post by delahend83 »

Hi there i started my access to midwifery the end of march,it is now the end of june and i have barely done anything on the english as i have been so busy,should i be worried and is it possible for me to catch up if i just put the time in,i think i am concentrating to much on my job rather than my studying at the moment,i dont want to get stressed about it,has anyone else been in the same position??

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: english gcse

Post by Karen Hayday »

Well obviously it is not me but if you have done very little then you could:

1. get in touch with your tutor and ask them to ring you.... then pick up the phone and ask for their advice as to what your priorities are

2. go on hold until you have sorted your self out and decided where you want to go with your life.

By coming on here you have obviously decided that you want to to university so you really need to put some time together apart from your job and chip away at the course.

Karen :wink:
DLC Executive Director

delahend83

Post by delahend83 »

Thank you karen for getting back intouch with me, i already know what i want to do with my life and thats to get my studies completed and to go to university next year hopefully.There has been some personal stuff going on in my life which has held me back i think but i guess i have to try and put that aside as my studying is important.I have got abit behind which i did speak to my tutor about and i am dissapointed with myself with the situation but there is no point me dwelling on it,i am hardworking and determined and already have alot of qualifications/training under my belt and just want to strive in my career and develop more,i guess where i have gone wrong is the fact that i havent been setting myself time every week to do my studying so from now this is what i am going to do,i do need prompting and a good kick up the backside sometimes lol :D

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Well I am good at the kick up the backside bit, but on the other hand ask your tutor to set you some deadlines and do the kicking a bit as well.

You do sound determined, so go for it girl!

Karen :wink:
DLC Executive Director

delahend83

Post by delahend83 »

Thanx karen its all coming together n ow,had a good chat to my tutor and have done more work the last two days than i have done the last couple of months,ill get there x :D

Emmas1208

Re: english gcse !st Assessment.

Post by Emmas1208 »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the layout has to be like for the assessments please?

Thank you :)

Emma x

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

I believe it tells you how to write everything in the assessments themselves.

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

Emmas1208

Post by Emmas1208 »

Hiya, i have completed the assessment now thanks, just wasn't sure if there was a certain way we had to lay it out on paper.

Emma =]

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Brill

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “English”