Principles of Safeguarding

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
LDT31514

Principles of Safeguarding

Post by LDT31514 »

Hi,
Can anyone help me with TAQ2. My chosen profession is teacher, I have written the actions in a table but now I have to write the legal requirements, are these not the same thing? i'm really struggling with this so if anyone can offer some advice I would be grateful. my tutor is extremely vague and tutorials are not until a week on Thursday and I cannot wait that long.

carrotcruncher

Re: Principles of Safeguarding

Post by carrotcruncher »

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will be along to shed some light soon :thumbup:

Karen

Post by Karen »

I'm so sorry, I am unable to assist with this!

Have you emailed your tutor again, explaining that you are struggling with this TAQ and desperately need a tutorial sooner?
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

LDT31514

Post by LDT31514 »

Hi Karen,
Yes I emailed him at lunchtime.

Karen

Post by Karen »

Okay, that's good then :thumbup:

Good luck.

LDT31514

Post by LDT31514 »

Thanks Karen :-)

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
Sorry for lack of assistance yesterday, all the dlc staff were in a meeting
In this TAQ in the final column what you are being asked for is EVALUATION this means a consideration of whether the actions your have suggested for the teacher in response to the abuse are likely to be effective. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? You are correct in that in your actions you may have considered legislation and in this final column you will be considering the impact of this and whether it is effective. The key difference is that in the Actions column you are DESCRIBING what they should do and in the EVALUATION assessing whether this will be effective
Hope this helps

Karen

Post by Karen »

There you go LDT31514, hope this assistance from Rebecca helps you now, and your able to complete your TAQ! :thumbup: :)

LDT31514

Post by LDT31514 »

Hi there, thank you so much for the reply, it is actually column 3 I am REALLY struggling with. Can you point me in the right direction? I asked for a tutorial but have been given one next Monday so I am going to be stuck until then. Many thanks in advance.

Rebecca Smith

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
So sorry I think I must have misunderstood your question! In column 3 you need to explain why the actions are being taken - so this may be due to a legal requirement or a piece of legislation - here you are thinking about why and in the actions column you are thinking about what should be done. It may be that you have done this already in the actions column and just need to move some of the information
Hope this helps this time :D

LDT31514

Post by LDT31514 »

Thank you SO much, I think that was where my confusion was as I have done a lot of this in column 2. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”