Health and Social Care Provision HELP

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
Chrissiemars06

Health and Social Care Provision HELP

Post by Chrissiemars06 »

Hi
I am trying to complete my TAQ1 for the health and social care provision essay. I have chosen to focus on health but I am struggling in a few of the assessment objectives...

One of them is how key legislation impacts health provision exactly. I feel like I know it from my materials and research but confused on what exactly it’s asking for.

Also I am struggling on the part about implications of ethical and legal issues in health.

Have also been finding it hard to not go over my word count so more info of how much detail I need to go into for some parts will also be helpful.

Thanks!

Dominic Quaintrell
DLC Staff

Re: Health and Social Care Provision HELP

Post by Dominic Quaintrell »

Hi Chrissie,

I think you are referring to TAQ 1c?

My advice would be to pay careful attention to the question first of all. It is asking you to 'evaluate' the Professional Standards, Ethics and Codes of Conduct.

This means that you need to highlight how these professional standards benefit Mrs Wilson. Conversely, it would be of use to highlight any limitations of those areas. For example, the codes of conduct for any professional are deliberately broad so as to accommodate every professional in that field. Therefore, it is not always clear how a specific professional should act in a given situation in order to remain professional and ethical.

It would also be an idea to book in for a tutorial with your tutor so that they can explain in more detail if you're still unsure.

I hope that helps!

Klay

Post by Klay »

Hi there :wave:

I am just about to finish the health and social care provision topic material and hoping to start the assessment this week. I am not entirely sure how long you gave yourself to do this assessment but it would be good to have a chat sometime seeing as we are quite close regarding the level of study we are at.

If you need some help or get stuck give me a shout as I am sure as hell that we could work through it with 2 minds in sync. :dance:

Hope you are managing ok so far.

Klay

Chrissiemars06

Post by Chrissiemars06 »

Dominic Quaintrell wrote:Hi Chrissie,

I think you are referring to TAQ 1c?

My advice would be to pay careful attention to the question first of all. It is asking you to 'evaluate' the Professional Standards, Ethics and Codes of Conduct.

This means that you need to highlight how these professional standards benefit Mrs Wilson. Conversely, it would be of use to highlight any limitations of those areas. For example, the codes of conduct for any professional are deliberately broad so as to accommodate every professional in that field. Therefore, it is not always clear how a specific professional should act in a given situation in order to remain professional and ethical.

It would also be an idea to book in for a tutorial with your tutor so that they can explain in more detail if you're still unsure.

I hope that helps!
Hi Dominic,

I am not sure we are talking about the same assessment as mine has nothing to do with a 'Mrs Wilson'? I am doing the Access to Nursing and Midwifery option 1, and my health provision essay is about health inequalities and how it is still about even with the health and social care act and the care act?

Does this make sense? I appreciate your help anyway.

Thanks
Chrissie

Chrissiemars06

Post by Chrissiemars06 »

Klay wrote:Hi there :wave:

I am just about to finish the health and social care provision topic material and hoping to start the assessment this week. I am not entirely sure how long you gave yourself to do this assessment but it would be good to have a chat sometime seeing as we are quite close regarding the level of study we are at.

If you need some help or get stuck give me a shout as I am sure as hell that we could work through it with 2 minds in sync. :dance:

Hope you are managing ok so far.

Klay
Hi Klay,

Is this for the same Health Provision essay about health inequalities and the health and social care and care acts? I gave myself around 2 weeks but during this time was away on holiday so has been a little tight. With it also being my first properly graded assignment I have been little anxious with getting everything done that is asked of me. How long did it take you to complete this one?

Yes, would be good to bear each other in mind if we are doing the same sort of thing at the same times! Thanks for your help, and hope your studying is going ok for you too?

Cheers,
Chrissie

Dominic Quaintrell
DLC Staff

Post by Dominic Quaintrell »

Hi Chrissie,

Yes, I was writing about the alternative assessment for this unit! You must be on the original assessment. My best advice is to book a tutorial with your tutor, so that they can go through the criteria with you and assist.

Dom

Klay

Post by Klay »

Is this for the same Health Provision essay about health inequalities and the health and social care and care acts? I gave myself around 2 weeks but during this time was away on holiday so has been a little tight. With it also being my first properly graded assignment I have been little anxious with getting everything done that is asked of me. How long did it take you to complete this one?

Yes, would be good to bear each other in mind if we are doing the same sort of thing at the same times! Thanks for your help, and hope your studying is going ok for you too?

Hi Chrissie,

I have pretty much just finished the Exam for the Health and Social Care Provision and moved on to the Mental Health Topic.

The plan I usually follow for Graded/Ungraded Unit Assessments is if its for 3 credits then 3 days where one day is just for planning and research and the following 2 are for writing everything up. If its for 6 Credits then its 1 week, where its 3 days of writing plans and research and 4 days of writing it all and re-reading the whole thing.

Unfortunately hay-fever has taken its toll on me this year and it has taken me just over a week to do the exam :sick: :silent:

:lol: Story of my life :violin:

Hope you managed to sort everything out on your end. I'm on the Health and Social Care Option 2 which I believe is different to the one you are on but believe quite similar with regards to lay out of the exams.

Will be interesting to find out how you go about studying your material?

Klay

Klay

Post by Klay »

Hi Chrissie,

I have pretty much just finished the Exam for the Health and Social Care Provision and moved on to the Mental Health Topic.

The plan I usually follow for Graded/Ungraded Unit Assessments is if its for 3 credits then 3 days where one day is just for planning and research and the following 2 are for writing everything up. If its for 6 Credits then its 1 week, where its 3 days of writing plans and research and 4 days of writing it all and re-reading the whole thing.

Unfortunately hay-fever has taken its toll on me this year and it has taken me just over a week to do the exam :sick: :silent:

:lol: Story of my life :violin:

Hope you managed to sort everything out on your end. I'm on the Health and Social Care Option 2 which I believe is different to the one you are on but believe quite similar with regards to lay out of the exams.

Will be interesting to find out how you go about studying your material?

Klay

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”