Access to Social Work

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
CEscorcio

Access to Social Work

Post by CEscorcio »

I've been working in the care sector for over 7 years now, and as I'm working full time I'm think of enrolling in the access to social work, just wondered what people thought about the course and how much support you get?

Also would I need to do my maths and English if they are not at grade C?

After this course I was going to do the degree with the open university, what's your opinions?

Thank you so much.

Rebecca Smith

Re: Access to Social Work

Post by Rebecca Smith »

Hi
Welcome to dlc and the forum! I'm one of the tutors so I can't help much from a students perspective but I know from the tutors point of view we can help via email and tutorial (on skype or phone) with anything you are struggling on. Keeping in regular contact with your tutor is a really good source of support ....as is the forum!
The issue on GCSE varies from uni to uni so its difficult to comment generally and you really need to do research on your uni and their entry requirements, a good place to start is UCAS and uni websites and it is good to email admissions tutors to check entry requirements - contact OU too!
Good luck to you as you begin the course :thumbup:

Karen

Re: Access to Social Work

Post by Karen »

Hi :wave:

As a student myself with DLC, I have had regular contact with my tutors if I have needed it. Everyone is very supportive and very friendly, you also have the forums.

Unfortunately I am unable to comment on the course though, contact admissions at the universities you are interested in and see what their entry requirements are.

Hope this has helped and good luck :thumbup: :D
Believe you can and you're halfway there :dance:

Received an offer for Forensic Psychology (2017) :D

Return to “Social Issues in Health Care”