Distinction entry requirements

What is it like? How do you do it? What about interviews? What are different Universities and Colleges like?
renayk3

Distinction entry requirements

Post by renayk3 »

Hi,

When I read the entry requirements for uni, when applying with a HE course, mine ask for 12 credits at distinction and 12 at merit. As there are not 24 topics that I have completed I wondered if anyone knew the breakdown? My grades for each assessment are usually a mixture of merits and distinctions, do these each individual grades count towards that final total? This this make any sense at all!?

Thanks in advance!

Renay

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Distinction entry requirements

Post by Karen Hayday »

Hi Renay.

Every unit is made up of credits. There three credit units and six credit units so if you get a distinction for three credits that makes up three of twelve credits the university requires. Therefore you do not need to do 24 units, but 24 credits, which is eight three credit units or four, six credit units.

Hope that this clarrifies things.
Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

renayk3

Post by renayk3 »

Thank you Karen,

So if they are mixed, as a number of mine are, although there might be an overall achieved merit, I may have 1 distinction grade in there, they still count?

Thanks again!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

No it is the overall grade for each assignment times by three or six. So if you gained a distinction on a three credit unit as your overall grade then it is worth three or six distinctions. If the overall grade was merit then it is worth three or six merits.

Best wishes

Karen
DLC Executive Director

renayk3

Post by renayk3 »

Ah ok,

I've just done the math and I should have enough to meet the entry requirements!!

Thanks again!

Renay :)

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Post by Karen Hayday »

Brilliant

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Applying to Universities and HEIs”