Certificates/Transcripts

What is it like? How do you do it? What about interviews? What are different Universities and Colleges like?
rml123

Certificates/Transcripts

Post by rml123 »

Hi

Just wondering what happens next!?

I was in June Moderation and would like to know when I should expect my certificate from OCNNWR. Will this just be posted to us directly by OCNNWR or will it be sent to the DLC first, before they post out. If it goes via the DLC, will they let us know by e-mail they have received them before they post out? Also, will the certificate come with a full transcript of the units taken and modules achieved, as my Unis are asking for this to confirm my place. My Unis say they need confirmation of my results by 31/07/11. Am I likely to receive my certificate by then?

Unlike me, but I am getting a little panicky about this final stage. I keep imagining that I've not been included on moderation correctly and that the OCNNWR do not know about me, or that my certificate gets lost in the post. I am sure something is going to go wrong :? What is wrong with me!!! I'm sure I'm just being irrational, but I don't feel like the end of my course has been closed off correctly. It says my course status has finished, but it might have been reassuring if I'd received a final formal confirmation from the DLC of the units I had taken/grades and that my work was now being moderated. Not a criticism, but just a suggestion for future students :)

I think I just have rather too much time on my hands now to worry, now that I have finised the course lol!

Becky

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Certificates/Transcripts

Post by Karen Hayday »

rml123 wrote:Hi

I was in June Moderation and would like to know when I should expect my certificate from OCNNWR.

August before te Alevel results come out
Will this just be posted to us directly by OCNNWR or will it be sent to the DLC first, before they post out.

To us first

If it goes via the DLC, will they let us know by e-mail they have received them before they post out?

yes we check tem and write to you all to make sure your address is up to date on mydlc

Also, will the certificate come with a full transcript of the units taken and modules achieved, as my Unis are asking for this to confirm my place.

Yes but only the final grade not the ones that make up that grade

My Unis say they need confirmation of my results by 31/07/11. Am I likely to receive my certificate by then?

No it will be the begining of August as that is when all OCNNWR Access Diplomas come out

Unlike me, but I am getting a little panicky about this final stage. I keep imagining that I've not been included on moderation correctly and that the OCNNWR do not know about me, or that my certificate gets lost in the post. I am sure something is going to go wrong :? What is wrong with me!!! I'm sure I'm just being irrational, but I don't feel like the end of my course has been closed off correctly. It says my course status has finished, but it might have been reassuring if I'd received a final formal confirmation from the DLC of the units I had taken/grades and that my work was now being moderated. Not a criticism, but just a suggestion for future students :)

Fair enough i will send out an e-mail to all of you. Moderation actually finished with the exam board last Monday

I think I just have rather too much time on my hands now to worry, now that I have finised the course lol!

In that case just stay on here and help with those you are still struggling through the materials

Becky
Karen :D
DLC Executive Director

rml123

Post by rml123 »

Thanks Karen. I feel much better now :D

csgillam1

Post by csgillam1 »

Karen Hayday wrote:
rml123 wrote:Hi

I was in June Moderation and would like to know when I should expect my certificate from OCNNWR.

August before te Alevel results come out
Will this just be posted to us directly by OCNNWR or will it be sent to the DLC first, before they post out.

To us first

If it goes via the DLC, will they let us know by e-mail they have received them before they post out?

yes we check tem and write to you all to make sure your address is up to date on mydlc

Also, will the certificate come with a full transcript of the units taken and modules achieved, as my Unis are asking for this to confirm my place.

Yes but only the final grade not the ones that make up that grade

My Unis say they need confirmation of my results by 31/07/11. Am I likely to receive my certificate by then?

No it will be the begining of August as that is when all OCNNWR Access Diplomas come out

Fair enough i will send out an e-mail to all of you. Moderation actually finished with the exam board last Monday

In that case just stay on here and help with those you are still struggling through the materials

Becky
Karen :D

Oh but she does :D :D

Becky, it's natural to want your i's dotted and your t's crossed.

I emailed my tutor last week as I had thought that as moderation finished a month ago I may have started to receive my bio back. Even though I knew when tutors had completed moderation (mine emailed to say such) and I knew that even though I had submitted my work a good while ago, that so would have many others, I had this bizarre idea that there was something wrong with my work and it was being scrutinized somewhere. My first assignment came back following my irrational email to my tutor!!!

It will all come together xx

rml123

Post by rml123 »

Thanks Chris :D :D

Re your Bio work taking ages to be marked, I had the same problem with my tutor. I'd get really frustrated and then all of a sudden I would get a couple of marksheets back. I wonder if we had the same tutor lol! Although I can't fault him for the response to my e-mail questions, to which he always replied within 24 hours and was very helpful. The DLC had a Bio tutor leave a short time before moderation (I know as I was one of the students who had to be transferred). I think this really added to the tutors workloads. Hopefully, they'll be catching up with themselves now and you'll start getting your marksheets back much quicker.

csgillam1

Post by csgillam1 »

rml123 wrote:Thanks Chris :D :D

Re your Bio work taking ages to be marked, I had the same problem with my tutor. I'd get really frustrated and then all of a sudden I would get a couple of marksheets back. I wonder if we had the same tutor lol! Although I can't fault him for the response to my e-mail questions, to which he always replied within 24 hours and was very helpful. The DLC had a Bio tutor leave a short time before moderation (I know as I was one of the students who had to be transferred). I think this really added to the tutors workloads. Hopefully, they'll be catching up with themselves now and you'll start getting your marksheets back much quicker.
It's not a problem as I appreciated what they had on their plates and also, I was nearly one of the ones going through moderation. Yeah, if its the same guy he's OK. I was abit neurotic when I transferred to him what with the moderation etc and he would let me go off on one and then carry on regardless. I think he's used to me now and I have calmed down abit! The only thing is that there was no feedback inbetween modules so any feedback is wasted really as it has came too late.

Return to “Applying to Universities and HEIs”