Leeds selection event

What is it like? How do you do it? What about interviews? What are different Universities and Colleges like?
catroar

Leeds selection event

Post by catroar »

Hi everyone,
I have been invited to a selection event at Leeds uni in April. just wondered if anyone else had been to one in Leeds and could share any wisdom. All the other unis have turned me down, so really don;t want to mess up!!

A very nervous but excited Cat!! x

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Leeds selection event

Post by Karen Hayday »

We have had quite a number of tutors being asked for second references for students wanting to go to Leeds so I am sure that there is more than one of you with either the same dates or similar.

Good luck and don't get too flustered.

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

gleek<3

Post by gleek<3 »

catroar wrote:Hi everyone,
I have been invited to a selection event at Leeds uni in April. just wondered if anyone else had been to one in Leeds and could share any wisdom. All the other unis have turned me down, so really don;t want to mess up!!

A very nervous but excited Cat!! x
Hiya :)

I have been invited to a selection event and the university of leeds too! Mine is on the 16 March, im really nervous tbh as leeds is the uni i want to go to! Im not nervous about the maths test, mainly the group activity becasue i dont want to seem too quiet and mess it up. guess ill soon find out lol.

catroar

Post by catroar »

Well done! You going for nursing or midwifery? Im not worried about the maths test much either, just the interview part!!

Cat x

gleek<3

Post by gleek<3 »

catroar wrote:Well done! You going for nursing or midwifery? Im not worried about the maths test much either, just the interview part!!

Cat x
I'm going for adult nursing. Yeh the interview is worrying me the most! Where else have you applied?

Lauren x

catroar

Post by catroar »

I applied at Bradford, York, Hudds and sheff hallam but was unsuccessfull at all of them! Im really excited for the interview but scared too as there is not many places available for midwifery!! Where else have you applied? Do you live in Leeds?

Cat x

gleek<3

Post by gleek<3 »

catroar wrote:I applied at Bradford, York, Hudds and sheff hallam but was unsuccessfull at all of them! Im really excited for the interview but scared too as there is not many places available for midwifery!! Where else have you applied? Do you live in Leeds?

Cat x
Oh I hope you get a place! I've applied to Leeds, Leeds met, hull, manchester ad edge hill. Was unsuccessful at leeds met tho cos of the random selection process! No I don't live in Leeds, I'll be moving down from Liverpool :). Do you live in Leeds?

Lauren x

catroar

Post by catroar »

Yeah I live in Leeds :) So the perfect choice for me!! Fingers crossed for us both :) x

gleek<3

Post by gleek<3 »

catroar wrote:Yeah I live in Leeds :) So the perfect choice for me!! Fingers crossed for us both :) x
hiya, just letting you know that the interview day at leeds for me was really relaxed! i was really nervouse before i got there then had nothing to worry about at all. the group activity was fun and the maths test was quite easy too. i would recommend revising fractions for it as there was quite a few questions on them :) godd luckwith your interview.

lauren

catroar

Post by catroar »

Hi Lauren,
Glad things went well for you. Let me know when you hear something from them! What did the group activity involve?
Cat x

gleek<3

Post by gleek<3 »

hi, im still waiting to hear! the group activity involed us being in 4 groups. we had a large piece of paper between us and had to discuss the skills we thought you needed as a nurse, the knowledge you need to have as a nurse and our experience. while we were doing this the staff came round to each table and discussed what we had wrote down and why. not at all as nerve wrecking as i thought it would be! hope this helps :)

lauren xx

wuzy

Post by wuzy »

Hi Lauren!

What sort of questions did they ask in the interview and how easy was the maths test?

Return to “Applying to Universities and HEIs”